Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] General Framebuffer Patching Guide (HDMI Black Screen Problem)

Hi, on Intel HD4600 I have two monitors, one on the HDMI port and the other on the DVI port. The update to 10.15.4 is successful only if I connect only the DVI monitor. Catalina works in dual display online if I connect the HDMI monitor after the system has started, otherwise KP and infinite reboot. 10.15.3 worked perfectly.
All the Kext are updated, Clover 5108. Any idea?

Friend, I also have this problem with catalina 10.15.4, same GPU. Were you able to solve the problem? Can you start the system with 2 monitors?

Friend, I also have this problem with catalina 10.15.4, same GPU. Were you able to solve the problem? Can you start the system with 2 monitors?
This may or may not help, but if you're using DisplayPort, check that both monitors are on DP 1.1 and not DP 1.2.

This may or may not help, but if you're using DisplayPort, check that both monitors are on DP 1.1 and not DP 1.2.

Hello Friend,

I'm using HDMI and DVI.
Does this also apply to that door? If so how do I find out?

@CaseySJ :

Had a lot to do the last time, so here's the file from IORegExplorer with some delay. I hope it's correct now. This was about the Dell Inspiron 7720 R17 Special Edition, to get HDMI working. The Dell BIOS logo, the Clover screen and half of the boot period the display is only on the display, then it switches to HDMI. The screen has on a TV heavy overscan, the underscan slider is shown, but not working. My Snow Leopard installation didn't care at all about the replaced dsdt.aml and opens still on the laptop display. Of course there's no QE/CI.

What can I do that all my four OSx86 installations are using the same bluetooth devices? Would it be an idea to create a hardlink to the bluetooth config files?

Attachments

• Dell_7720_SE.ioreg
    3.2 MB · Views: 43
@CaseySJ :

Had a lot to do the last time, so here's the file from IORegExplorer with some delay. I hope it's correct now. This was about the Dell Inspiron 7720 R17 Special Edition, to get HDMI working. The Dell BIOS logo, the Clover screen and half of the boot period the display is only on the display, then it switches to HDMI. The screen has on a TV heavy overscan, the underscan slider is shown, but not working. My Snow Leopard installation didn't care at all about the replaced dsdt.aml and opens still on the laptop display. Of course there's no QE/CI.

What can I do that all my four OSx86 installations are using the same bluetooth devices? Would it be an idea to create a hardlink to the bluetooth config files?
Please post your config.plist. You may remove serial numbers from SMBIOS section before posting.

Here you have.

Attachments

• config.plist
    17.3 KB · Views: 56
Hi All,
My laptop is a clone of a Lenovo Y-series or Clevo gaming machine, but I have not been able to find out the precise model. I have Catalina running OK with working video acceleration on the internal monitor, but I'd really like to get my external monitor working as well so I can have the same up-and-down dual screen setup I enjoy on Linux and Windows. The laptop has HDMI and mini-DP outputs, but mini-DP is connected straight to the dGPU so no use. MacOS does not seem to be aware of the existence of either connector.
Hackintool lists four ports, LVDS (internal monitor), 2xDP and Dummy. After reading this guide, I decided the simplest thing to do would be to set the type of both DP ports to HDMI in the hope that one would match my actual HDMI. Plugging the monitor in to HDMI does not cause anything to light up in the connectors list though. Looking through the system log for hot plugging, I see various errors in the lines relating to graphics (IGFB) bit I don't know which if any of these are significant. I've done a fair bit of research to get this far and am happy to do more, but think I could do with some guidance at this point.
Attached my standard debug files, plus IGFB system logs for booting with HDMI plugged in and for booting without it then hot plugging. Looking forward to your replies!
Update: have added zipped data saved by IORegistryExplorer after removing individual connector patches from config.plist (unpatched) -- not sure how it improves on info in Hackintool though

Attachments

• logs.zip
    19.7 KB · Views: 49
  • debug_14937.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 55
  • unpatched.zip
    599.9 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Model numbers are usually on the bottom or in the BIOS.

Model numbers are usually on the bottom or in the BIOS.
Yeah thanks, my actual model number is as per my profile, but I believe it is a re-badged version of some other machine...would like to know because I have Insyde BIOS with hardly any options and was wondering if I could replace with the OEM's BIOS which might allow more tweaking?

Back