Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] General Framebuffer Patching Guide (HDMI Black Screen Problem)

Sorry - remove other indexes from where ? i have 0 for built-in 1 for HDMI 2 for DP and FFFFF for con3 in properties
since i will use sometime built-in also i prefer DP 4K 60hz for my main screen to HDMI 1.4 4K 30HZ - i will use hdmi for my 720p projector - so i am going to use all 3 as a mirror ( just switching on/off when needed )
What should i do to make it perfect and check if "sleep" is going to work ?

ps Does anybody knows is 4k 60hz better for my eyes than 4k 30hz or not much difference ?
As you know we have:

Index 0, ...
Index 1, ...
Index 2, ...
Index 3, ...
  • When you select Platform ID 0x3E9B0000, Hackintool will show you the default settings for all 4 indexes.
  • If you only change the settings for Index 1, then it is only necessary to specify Index 1 in config.plist. All other Indexes will continue to use default settings.
  • This does not mean that the other ports will turn off! All ports will still be enabled, but they will use default settings.
At 30Hz there is more flicker, but it won't harm your eyes. Some people are bothered by certain frequencies (stroboscopes) but with 30Hz most people are okay.

No problem.
  • The 2020 MacBook Air also uses 10th Gen Intel CPU and same iGPU as your CPU.
Unfortunately 2020 MacBook Air uses different CPU and IGPU and it present in updated clover configurator
it uses i5-1030ng7 and it is 10-nano ice lake with 655 gpu not 14-nano comet lake with "unknown" gpu 3e9b400

Anyway - thank You !! You made my evening !!!
the only things left for me is sleep and microphone - if you may help me with mic - i would aks in right topic ) but it was also not easy - i only managed to get speakers after changing class in voodoo info.plist to 401 from 402 ( othervise it did not start) - now i only need to change pin for mic for voodoo - but i do not know how ( or i have to make applehda + appleALC work - but do not know hove to change class for applealc

Last edited:
@CaseySJ :

I've asked in so many forums, I had no success yet. If you're searching the new for Dell 7720, you'll nearly find only my requests, but no answers. In insanlymac was for some time a thread with another guy who has this laptop, but from one day to another conversation ended. But I've just found something.

@CaseySJ :

I've asked in so many forums, I had no success yet. If you're searching the new for Dell 7720, you'll nearly find only my requests, but no answers. In insanlymac was for some time a thread with another guy who has this laptop, but from one day to another conversation ended. But I've just found something.
I try to avoid working with old hardware :) but let's see what we can do. No guarantees...
  • Remove all Index/BusID frame buffer patches you might have added to config.plist
  • Use the Platform ID that you think is best.
  • Reboot.
  • Download and run IORegistryExplorer and select File --> Save As...
  • Upload the saved file.

All my Core i7 are 3rd generation and my Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WiFi and the Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H are working completely without patched dsdt.aml. The laptop has HM77, so it's not much different. I also have older systems, mostly socket 775 boards with a modification for a socket 771 Xeon, and they're working great.

In the attachment is the IORegExplorer output booted with the ACPI called 'patched9', using device ID 0x01660009. The laptop doesn't show start logo, BIOS or Clover screen on the connected TV, half the time booting OS X Mavericks it also was showing on the internal display, then it switched to the TV. The display has heavy overscan, I have an Underscan slider in the menu options, but it doesn't work. The original ACPI is in the archive, also various patched ACPI's and the Clover info.plist.

Important: I'm still using BIOS and MBR, even on UEFI-capable systems. I always had bad experiences with UEFI and GPT. Clover is on an own primary 256 MB FAT32 partition. That's very useful because you can modify Clover using Windows or a Linux Live DVD. Actually I prefer Mavericks because it is noticeable faster then Mojave. My desktop systems are also faster with Mavericks, even with a real graphics card. Snow Leopard with a Radeon HD6870 is awesome fast.

Another problem I have is this message for every CPU core during boot:

kernel[0]: X86PlatformShim::sendPStates - pmCPUControl (PMIOCSETPSTATETABLE) returned 0x16 means the number of CPU in use is less than the number of the physical CPUs.

The SSDT in the attachment was the one I had, designed for an Intel i7 3610qm. I've modified the values to my i7 3840qm, but no success. Here's the link to Intels information of this CPU. Here's a thread to the Dell 7720, but it's not too informative. At least it wouldn't solve the HDMI problem.

Attachments

• Dell_7720_R17_SE.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 49
@naquaada,

It seems IOJones has a bug. The Save As function appears to save the ACPI table set instead of IOReg. Please download and run IORegistryExplorer and select File --> Save As...

I have a problem on Z370N with i5-9500T. I copied the patch from the first page of this tutorial. After waking from sleep, my screen does not turn back on. It's turning on after every second wake only. I connect with VNC to see what is going on. Resolution is correct and everything works, just monitor doesn't turn back on. In Hackintool, I can see that port is no longer highlighted red when this happens. How can I fix this?

At 30Hz there is more flicker, but it won't harm your eyes. Some people are bothered by certain frequencies (stroboscopes) but with 30Hz most people are okay.
After we managed to "find" HDMI which i was going to use sometime for projector screen - i just noticed that type-с - DP (my main 4k monitor) become 30Hz but it was 60Hz - is there a solution ?
upd - probably it stopped working not because of new pci properties - couse i used olв config - and it is also 30hz - but i remember it used to be 60hz in the begining of my renovations... and i do not know what have i done wrong (
UPD: I just played with settings "default for display/ scaled" and now any choice shows 60Hz - very strange.. but probably it was because i have used laptop screen as mirrow - so it bacame 30hz even with closed lid

Last edited:
@CaseySJ, @jaymonkey,

I have finished with my framebuffer patching with Hackintool following this guide (thank you to all) and I have working both my HDMI and DVI, but no luck with the VGA. Believe me, I tried every combination I could think of. I have the problem though of having to start the computer with only one monitor, then plugging in the other one if I want to use two monitors at the same time. It is not to troubling though. Also, the VGA is not so important for me to continue with solving that problem.

But, I just wanted to deliver some FYI in case it helps anyone.

Firstly, the original question I asked about why my iGPU was showing up as "Intel 8th Gen Core Processor Gaussian Mixture Model" is in direct relation to choosing Device ID 0x3e91 instead of 0x3e9B. 0x3e9B will display the UHD 630 Graphics correctly. My CPU (core i3-9100) has a native Device ID of 0x3e91 as per what shows in "About This Mac" and Hackintool and also on the Intel website for this CPU under the graphics category.

@jaymonkey thanks for your advise. I did end up downloading a plist editor and making the changes as you described. First time I had to use a plist editor, so the learning was fun.

Secondly, some things happened that I thought should not have so I will share in case they help. And yes, I can re-create this again and again.

I was following CaseySJ's framebuffer guide. Starting at step 9, there was no Devices/Fake ID/IntelGFX value as it was already 0x0. I unchecked the Graphics/Inject Intel and removed the Graphics/ig-platform-id value of 0x3E9B0007. I hit save and closed Clover Configurator and started the process. But some things happened at home and I got distracted and ended up shutting the computer down, with those setting saved. When i restarted the computer it worked normal. Oh, I am using the DVI port at this point. Giving it some thought about what I did, I rechecked in Clover Configurator and sure enough all values were blank for Fake ID, Inject Intel and ig-platform-id.

At this point, I restarted the computer using only the HDMI port and it worked fine. I then restarted the computer using both HDMI and DVI ports using two monitors. They both worked while going through the loading until a second before the sign in screen for the OS. Then they both went black. I then tried one monitor at a time, starting the system, then plugging in the other after logging in. No good, just 2 black screens.

Anyways, I was surprised both HDMI and DVI monitors would work if only using one at a time. And when I say work, I mean with full acceleration and showing up properly in "About This Mac".

And if it helps anyone, I am happy to share the info for my ASRock MB. It is not complete with VGA so I don't think it is helpful to be added into the Patches List at the end of the guide.

Thanks

Thaigyver

Back