Contribute
Register

GUIDE: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 UEFI BIOS - ALL WORKING, DSDT not required!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, the attachment above has a mistake.

NullCPUPowerManagement should not have been checked.

Thanks

Attachments

• MultiBeast 1.5.2 for GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 v1.3 U1b.jpg
    MultiBeast 1.5.2 for GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 v1.3 U1b.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 389
Hi,

I have two computers and both are completely the same. Both have these specs:

- Z68MA-D2H-B3 motherboard
- i5 2500K
- 8GB Ram
- GTX 660Ti MSI
- 128GB SSD

One pc works now for a couple of months on lion and after the ML upgrade the only thing that stopped working was the sound *normal, and fixed*

But now I have build an exact copy of the other pc and tried to post install it.

Everything works but here is the weird part...

I can't install the GraphicsEnabler=NO kext because then it won't boot. *stuck on apple logo*
If I type it in manual at startup it work's fine but with kext not.

The only thing I post installed are, sound and network.

I use the F10 bios and DSDT.

Please help me I have been stuck on this for weeks.

Update: I even tried making an copy of the image with carbon but no luck...

Hi

After upgrading to 10.8.2 I have some issues:

TRIM not working if I used Multibeast 5.0.2
HWmonitor shows nothing if I used Multibeast 5.1.2

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

My specs are as follows
GA-z68MA-D2H-B3
I7-2600k
16gb AMD performance memory
120gb Patriot Pyro SE SSD
using the onboard graphics Intel HD 3000

So my problem is i cant get the HDMI Audio to work.

Followed the instructions to the letter but each time i try and use the supplied DSDT by savestheday i get an error that says i need
to turn the computer off then back on and that loop continues untill i use my usb to boot in and restore the drive using carbon copy cloner.

I will by hopefully getting a HD 5870 referance card today so that will solve my graphics issues (want 3d support for the windows side for some games...)

I will just need to figure out how to add it....

Thanks

Rear usb ports doesn't work any more.

Anyone has any advice?

MT 10.8.2
Macmini 5.1
I7 2600K
GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3
HD3000
OCZ SSD

thanks

Hey guys

so like some others I'm having a couple sleep issues

1. computer wakes from sleep about 2 second after being put to sleep. From console below:

04/11/2012 09:21:38.000 kernel[0]: Wake reason: ?
04/11/2012 08:50:56.000 kernel[0]: Wake reason: PXSX (Network)

I get the 2nd when under Energy Save (pref pane) 'Wake for Ethernet network access' is turned on. I get the first when it is turned off

2. My USB devices disconnect and there is a lag to reconnect (I know this is a known issue but I thought UEFI might have helped)

I have the GA-Z68MA-D2H with UEFI - rest of build in sig

Any input? Thanks in advance

Thanks for that!

Worked for me:
Audio, Sleep, so far everything seems right.
USB 3 does not seem to work, but:
USB 2 sticks work in both USB 2 and USB 3 ports
USB 3 stick works in USB 2 port, but not in USB 3 port.

Config:
GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 (rev. 1.3)
i7 2600k
8 Gb GSkill CL7
HD3000
SSD + HD
ML 10.8.2

What I did might be a little different from others:
I had a working install with F9 BIOS and DSDT.
Just flashed to EFI as described, configured BIOS, then tried to boot my system.
This did only work with DSDT=/dev/null, otherwise I got kernel panics.
Then ran MultiBeast 5.0.2 first - accidentally - and it failed.
MultiBeast 5.1.3 ran nicely (did not choose any system definition and therefore have Mac Pro).

Bingo!

So far so good. Will post any issues that I might come across.

Thanks again and best wishes,
Rudolf

Hi Guys,

I have a question about doing a fresh install of Mountain Lion 10.8.2.

I have updated my bios to uefi and i am using the hd3000 graphics card.

Has somebody tried a fresh install and what do you guys choose in the multbeast (5.1.3) options for mountain lion?

I see in the comments before that you must delete the oembios.kext. Does this also require for a fresh install and what do you have to do more?

Can somebody make a discription or explain what steps you can do if you do a fresh copy of mountain lion 10.8.2.?

Many thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

David Ellis

Excellent guide. Thank you for keeping it up to date!

My system:
Z68MA-D2H-B3 from F4 to UEFI
i7 2600K Sandy Bridge
OCZ Solid3 SSD for system, 1TB hard drive for home folder
Gigabyte 6850 Video Card

I was holding off on upgrading from Lion since I had several issues from the upgrade from SL to Lion. I first tried updating with unibeast while keeping my F4 bios. Ran into trouble, so I cloned back my SSD from my Lion backup. I followed your UEFI instructions using the Mac method of making a bootable USB key. That was thankfully very easy, since I had never upgraded my BIOS (there really wasn't a reason to since everything I needed to work, worked OK).

I followed your guide for unibeast/multibeast - but I had issues getting ML to boot alone and then even trying to use unibeast. I ended up going back into the installer by selecting USB from the unibeast boot menu, opening the terminal and looking around. I noticed I had a DSDT file in my /Extras folder!.... I deleted it and it worked great. What had happened was that when I was trying to upgrade to ML without upgrading the bios, I had left a DSDT file on my desktop. Since the Multibeast option is the same for user DSDT or No DSDT, it of course grabbed my DSDT file and loaded it in. At some point prior to the ML install I also deleted my /Extras folder and my /S/L/E folder during the initial installation as I had upgraded from SL to Lion to ML and wanted to get rid of extra junk in case there was a conflict.

Now my boot time is faster, and better looking too. It also fixed an issue I had with my 5" hard drive slot that I had wanted to use for backups. I set that as hot swappable and now it actually works for my extra hard drives. I haven't noticed any issues with waking from sleep or anything yet.

For my graphics, I'm using HDMI (no sound needed, so didn't test) from my 6850. Added Aticonfig Bulrushes and port 4 to the chameleon file, just as I had with Lion. For the install, I used the DVI from onboard HD3000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back