Contribute
Register

GUIDE: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 UEFI BIOS - ALL WORKING, DSDT not required!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think your card is supported OOB (I have a Sapphire 6850 1GB toxic and it is not)..

So it sounds like you were previously running with the reference 68xx framebuffer (which means you don't have QE/CI support and can't do things like use the DVD player)

Have you tried booting with GraphicsEnabler=yes ?

ifix it iroolback AppleACPIPlatform.kext and it work and is my hd 6850 sapphire work out of the box

Hi, I don't get a crack but there is definitely a slight delay of about 1/4 to 1/2 a second before audio plays, which isn't so noticeable when watching videos or listening to music, but is very distracting when playing system effects. Hopefully this will get fixed.

I have a few USB DACs and these don't suffer this problem.

Hey,
I don't know if you were still interested in the on-board audio instead of your DACs but if you change the system definition to MacPro 3,1 the audio lag/delay goes away. Others seem to have this problem too. It might even solve some popping or cracking sound. I heard popping in Lion (BIOS f10 w/ DSDT) with a delay in audio, now in Mountain Lion (UEFI w/o DSDT) there is just a delay. It's not a problem with Toleda's enablers, it's actually something to do with noise/hiss reduction built into iMacs and MacBooks (it cuts the sound output after a timeout period, then reactivates it when a signal is sent to it). Notice that's why it only happens when the machine isn't playing sound for a while. It's especially annoying with pop-up windows or changing the volume. So if your machine thinks it's a MacPro, it won't attempt to mute the output when there's no sound. I'm trying it right now, basically with all the steps from this guide, except MacPro 3,1 instead of iMac. So far so good, I don't see any drawbacks. But I haven't tested much yet. If there's a problem I'll update.

I am using the i5 SSDT from MultiBeast with a 2400. According to MSRDumper I reach 4 states: 16, 20, 32, 33. These seem strange to me. First of all because there is a huge gap between 20 and 32, but also because it RARELY slows down to 16 while I stare at HWMonitor at idle.
I even made my own SSDT using SSDTPRGen.sh (may she R.I.P.) and got the same results. I tried booting into Windows and getting the table from AIDA64 but there were 6 of them, and I kept getting unfixable compile errors in DSDTEditor when trying to save one of the AMLs. I started thinking I'm supposed to have SSDT.aml, SSDT-1.aml, SSDT-2.aml, etc. since there were 6 tables in AIDA64. But I figured, if the one that was giving me errors isn't present, maybe something will go wrong so I didn't bother trying any of those in my /Extra folder.
Without an SSDT I am stuck at 16 and can't go any faster. This is weird because the original thread a while back about the new SSDTs in MultiBeast said the i5 2400 shouldn't need any SSDT - that's incorrect in this case, at least with my CPU and UEFI. Am I wrong or shouldn't there be more pstates and shouldn't the machine hover around x16 when for example, I'm just typing this post? Maybe driving my other monitor uses CPU power? But I have a discrete card...
Maybe someone can help.
Otherwise this is a great thread. Thanks.

Is it normal not to have the OEMsmbios.kext or even the PlugIns directory ? I couldn't find it anywhere within my system

It's normal. You have it only if you previously installed facesmc.

Holy crap! I just performed the required DSDT edits for HDMI audio (based on the new ML instructions by Toledo), and now airplay mirroring works with my HD6850 as my main display, and not having to set my HD3000 to init first. (which previously was the only known workaround that I knew of, but meant you did not see your machine post)

I did also add my GFX card into the DSDT itself (and as a result I don't run with G/E enabled) so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it..

Weird part is the HD3000 isnt even recognized in system information, and airplay requires quicksync in order to work..

Anyone else notice this?

Is there a guide to dual booting windows 7 and ML? I can't find a guide anywhere!

Thanks,

Clayton :D

Is there a guide to dual booting windows 7 and ML? I can't find a guide anywhere!

Thanks,

Clayoton :D

The easiest way is to have 2 separate drives and use F12 to switch boot between Win7 and ML. The funny thing is now with ML is so much stable and with Parallels to provide Windows 7 apps , I haven't boot into Win7 partitions for almost 2 mos. I may end up tke the windows 7 drive out to use for other machine. ;-)

ttb1263, that would be the easiest thing, the thing is I already have Windows installed on another partition, I just need to figure out I can boot back to ML without over riding my Win 7 partition, and just be able to pick windows from chimera while having OSX as the primary partition. Does that make sense?

timbck2 Thank you!!! I had tried this method before, but it didn't work for some reason. This time it worked flawlessly! :D:thumbup::clap::clap::lol:

Thanks again!

Clayton :D

I'm experiencing issues with the USB3 ports. I have a USB3 external hard drive and whenever I try to plug it in, I get a KP between the CalDigit and IOUSBfamily kexts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back