Contribute
Register

[Guide] GA-H87N-WIFI: UniBeast/Yosemite to Clover/El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, try booting from the recovery partition. I added the procedure to the big list of solutions.
Okay booted from recovery, ran terminal got to list all unsigned kext and when i go to run the 2 commands after for each kext I want to remove it tells me no such file or directory

Well, you can run "mount" to see what's where.

Normally in Recovery I thought your OS X drive was mounted at /Volumes/YourDriveName but wherever it is, you need to move the files named something like /wherever/System/Library/Extensions/TheBadKext.kext to someplace else (I figured your home directory, but anywhere will do). You can always just delete the kexts instead of moving them if it won't be too hard to find & install them again later if desired.

Well, you can run "mount" to see what's where.

Normally in Recovery I thought your OS X drive was mounted at /Volumes/YourDriveName but wherever it is, you need to move the files named something like /wherever/System/Library/Extensions/TheBadKext.kext to someplace else (I figured your home directory, but anywhere will do). You can always just delete the kexts instead of moving them if it won't be too hard to find & install them again later if desired.
So I ran the mount command it keeps telling me unknown special file or file system

I also did diskutil list and its dev/disk0s2

I also tried diskutil mountDisk and it says mounted but don't know how to access it to look around

Added pictures

Attachments

• 20151023_215207.jpg
    20151023_215207.jpg
    412.3 KB · Views: 117
  • 20151023_215222.jpg
    20151023_215222.jpg
    564.7 KB · Views: 104
Hello !
I followed the tutorial step by step and every thing woks very fine.

My Mobo is: Asus Z97M - Plus

Thanks a lot :)

So I ran the mount command it keeps telling me unknown special file or file system

I mean boot to recovery, start terminal, and run just "mount" with no arguments. That should give a list of what's already mounted and where. It should include your system partition somewhere in the list (there may also be a lot of oddball entries from the recovery system itself; you can ignore those).

The arguments you were specifying were not valid partitions, which is why it was complaining about unknown or special file systems.

Hi,

I´m using an eSata HD from my Sil3132 board to make a try without jeopardizing my main SSD.
Everything ran OK but when it comes to Install El Capitan, after booting from "Boot OS X Install..", it hangs on "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport".. and a Forbidden sign appears.
If I reboot from "Boot Mac OS X from..", in the same eSata drive, where I still have Yosemite, it runs ok.

Any ideas?

TIA,

If you get garbled text with the forbidden sign, it probably means you need to try a different USB port for the installer. Other possibilities are covered in the big list of solutions.

Hummm... The problem is that my HD is using a PCI Port.
If I boot using an USB prepared to install El Capitan, this HD doesn´t appear on the list of possible targets.

All best,
Sergio

Hummm... The problem is that my HD is using a PCI Port.
If I boot using an USB prepared to install El Capitan, this HD doesn´t appear on the list of possible targets.

So if the drive isn't listed as an install target when you install from USB, and gets a "Still waiting for root device" error when you install from the drive itself, that says to me that it's on a SATA controller that's not natively supported under El Capitan. You can look for a kext to put in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/... or else find a different way to connect the drive, I guess (either internally on a supported SATA controller or e.g. with a supported PCIe-to-SATA card with an external port).

Is Power Management working ok for you ? I am only getting one P-State (i did generate SSDT using instructions on the first page). Can we see your config.plist ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back