Contribute
Register

[Guide] GA-H87N-WIFI: UniBeast/Yosemite to Clover/El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, thanks for this amazing, detailed guide. Everything works great! I did have one question about the BCM94352HMB network half mini. It works fine on 2.4GHz spectrum, but I can't seem to get the 5GHz spectrum to show up on my network, is this also the case for you?

There was a patch I applied for that, which I think I put in the config.plist by default. I'll double-check.

This was what I put in config.plist for my card:
Code:
<dict>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>5 GHz Airport</string>
    <key>Find</key>
    <data>
    QYP8/3QsSA==
    </data>
    <key>Name</key>
    <string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <data>
    ZscGVVPrKw==
    </data>
</dict>

That's for the U.S. -- there's a separate patch to set 5 GHz bands for different countries.

There was a patch I applied for that, which I think I put in the config.plist by default. I'll double-check.

This was what I put in config.plist for my card:
Code:
<dict>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>5 GHz Airport</string>
    <key>Find</key>
    <data>
    QYP8/3QsSA==
    </data>
    <key>Name</key>
    <string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <data>
    ZscGVVPrKw==
    </data>
</dict>

That's for the U.S. -- there's a separate patch to set 5 GHz bands for different countries.

Thanks for the step in the right direction. For some reason, that patch didn't work for my setup initally. I was able to eventually get it to work by using toleda's 10.11 patch for the 94352. Thanks again!

If you want audio over HDMI then you should answer y to Enable HD4600 HDMI audio (y/n). If you do your audio through speakers, headphones, etc. then I think you still want to answer n. You do want audio injection and ID 1 (though I'm not sure whether it still prompts for those if you say y to HDMI audio; I haven't tried it).

I answered yes to the audio over HDMI (I am using the onboard 4600 for graphics and onboard ALC 892 for sound through a set of 5.1 speakers). I am experiencing a popping noise whenI volume up/down.

Confirm Realtek ALC892 (y/n): y
Enable HD4600 HDMI audio (y/n): [y] <-- I made this setting yes but I think it is causing the problem.
Clover Audio ID Injection (y/n): y
Use Audio ID: 1 (y/n): y

Can you rerun the same ALC.command file and change this to no? Or do I have to redownload the vanilla AppleHDA.kext and then run the script?

Guys,

First of all thanks for this very complete guide.

I have a quick question. I don't have a GeForce GT 740, just the CPU HD intel 4600.

Do I need to change anything within clover settings?

Thanks for your help

John

I've used this guide so I will post my question here and hoping to get a quick replay like always:I've installed new graphics card the gigabyte GTX-970 and now after choosing El-Capitan in clover I see the Apple logo and the system reboot .Is there a way to fix it?I'm so :( - I had a perfect machine after using this guide.Please helpThanks

970 is not supported out of the box. You'll have to boot with nv_disable=1 until you can install the Nvidia Web drivers. After that you should remove nv_disable=1. If needed, you can use nvda_drv=1 instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back