Contribute
Register

[Guide] GA-H87N-WIFI: UniBeast/Yosemite to Clover/El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
970 is not supported out of the box. You'll have to boot with nv_disable=1 until you can install the Nvidia Web drivers. After that you should remove nv_disable=1. If needed, you can use nvda_drv=1 instead.

Thanks for your fast answer but I'm sorry - how can I boot using nv_disable=1 - I don't know ....

Thanks - working great , now it's time to run parallels and see how the games runs on my machine

im coming from Yosemite with a chimera bootloader, i get to the testing clover installation when i re-boot its does what it normally does boots into my chimera theme and i pick my HD to load from.. any suggestion.. did everything to T from this guide

im coming from Yosemite with a chimera bootloader, i get to the testing clover installation when i re-boot its does what it normally does boots into my chimera theme and i pick my HD to load from.. any suggestion.. did everything to T from this guide

Probably your BIOS is set to boot to the Legacy install on that drive by default.

You can either change your BIOS to boot UEFI only, or change the boot priorities so the UEFI boot on that drive appears first not the Legacy boot.

As a simple test you can use the F12 hotkey to select a one-time boot device and pick the UEFI entry for the system drive.

Probably your BIOS is set to boot to the Legacy install on that drive by default.

You can either change your BIOS to boot UEFI only, or change the boot priorities so the UEFI boot on that drive appears first not the Legacy boot.

As a simple test you can use the F12 hotkey to select a one-time boot device and pick the UEFI entry for the system drive.

That did it thanx:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Got thru installation of osx was getting ready to clear outdated kext but it keeps boot looping it boots into clover then trys to boot from my HD but it just loops can't get into login screen should I entr any boot flags

Tried safe mode but it stops I included a screen shot of it

Attachments

• 20151020_212712.jpg
    20151020_212712.jpg
    479.3 KB · Views: 112
You can clear outdated kexts from single-user mode. If you can boot to single-user mode:

1. Run the two commands it gives you (one fsck and one mount) to mount your system drive
  2. Run touch /System/Library/Extensions/ && kextcache -Boot -U / (to see what unsigned kexts you have)
  3. Run mv /System/Library/Extensions/BadKextName.kext /Users/YourUserName/ (on any kexts you need to remove)
  4. Run touch /System/Library/Extensions/
  5. Run reboot

You can try booting without caches on the next boot, just to be extra-sure.

You can clear outdated kexts from single-user mode. If you can boot to single-user mode:

1. Run the two commands it gives you (one fsck and one mount) to mount your system drive
  2. Run touch /System/Library/Extensions/ && kextcache -Boot -U / (to see what unsigned kexts you have)
  3. Run mv /System/Library/Extensions/BadKextName.kext /Users/YourUserName/ (on any kexts you need to remove)
  4. Run touch /System/Library/Extensions/
  5. Run reboot

You can try booting without caches on the next boot, just to be extra-sure.

I can't boot with single user get the same kernal panic...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back