Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
Will HD 530 integrated graphics support LG29 resolution 2560x1080?
Yes you will be able to use a supported HDMI cable with a possible framebuffer connector edit to get your monitor working with HDMI. Please fill out your profile with your primary system that you agreed to when you registered. It will help us help you.

Yes you will be able to use a supported HDMI cable with a possible framebuffer connector edit to get your monitor working with HDMI. Please fill out your profile with your primary system that you agreed to when you registered. It will help us help you.

Thanks! I've got the following config GA-H170N-WIFI/ i5 6500/ HD 530. Is there any problem getting such resolution 2560x1080? What do i have to do?

Thanks! I've got the following config GA-H170N-WIFI/ i5 6500/ HD 530. Is there any problem getting such resolution 2560x1080? What do i have to do?
There will be no problem getting that resolution as long as the hardware used is supported. Install OS X/macOS and I will help you get it configured correctly.

I am running a similar setup to that described in the guide, with 32gb or ram and a GTX970.

I have managed to install OSX without any issue.

As soon as I follow the guide and play with clover/install kexts, the computer will no longer boot. I get 'service exited with abnormal code: 255' when booting with verbose.

This is my first Hackintosh and I am lost.

Could anyone tell me if IGPU and NVIDIA GT from this guide will cooperate when the situation demand? Or it is not posible? What i mean is that if i have for example 1GB IGPU and 2GB Nvidia will they share their memory and cooperate like in windows? Can any please tell me how it will work in practise? If i understand correctly the memory from IGPU is wasted when using Nvidia GT ?
*Talking about hardware used in this guide.
Thanks for explanation.

I put the MacOs Sierra following the guide but I have the sleep/awake problem; when the computer enters the sleep mode and i move the mouse or touch the keyboard, the cpu turns on but the screen stay black.

Same problem here.. I have i5-6600, but I think it does not matter. I followed the guide step by step, then checked if everything is ok few more times, but the problem is still there. No more ideas. :(

Is there any difference if using the H270N-WIFI? Specifically, the h170n-wifi-nvidia-config.plist?

First Hackintosh install.

I am using all the specs as in the installation guide.

HD 530 Graphics.

I am able to boot off the USB Drive and complete the first part of the install.

Once install the first part of the install completes, and computer reboots to start the 2nd part of the install, thru clover I select the Mac OS target drive.

It loads halfway, then just shuts off.

Last edited by a moderator:
First Hackintosh install.

I am using all the specs as in the installation guide.

HD 530 Graphics.

I am able to boot off the USB Drive and complete the first part of the install.

Once install the first part of the install completes, and computer reboots to start the 2nd part of the install, thru clover I select the Mac OS target drive.

It loads halfway, then just shuts off.

I got my Hackintosh working. I disabled legacy USB in Bios.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dell DW1560 (BCM94352Z chip) m.2 WiFi/Bluetooth card (replacing the Intel wireless card it shipped with)

Your guide will be very helpful for me. I will be building my firts hackintosh soon and I will use the very same motherboard.

I have a question about the wifi/bluetooth card. Is there some kind of compatibility list for this specific motherboard?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back