Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone having issues with this CPU overheating?...my box is getting very hot and eventually it shuts down and reboots. Thanks!

I need help -
My compilation:
H170N wifi,
I7-6700K,
GA-GTX-670Ti
SSD Goodram 250GB
HDD 1TB
Samsung EVO 960 NVMe
I put Evo 960 in M.2 slot, OS X don't recognized it....Samsung EVO is divided in 2 partitions - win 10 running on 1, on two I be trying install Sierra...????

Great guide. Followed it to the letter w/o incident aside from one exception. I was using GT 740 and needed web drivers and nvda_drv=1. Also got the wifi/BT card BCM94352Z off eBay and works like a charm.

gsanchez922: The 750ti should work, but only with the Nvidia Web drivers. You will need to boot with nv_disable=1 until you can install the Web drivers, and then remove that and add nvda_drv=1 after the Web drivers are installed.

However, I myself have not made the switch to Skylake for a must-work machine. There are still some loose ends and issues (such as sleep/wake, the occasional kernel panic in the Ethernet driver, etc.). If you do, it's still early; be prepared to still encounter some issues along the way. :)

I
I have a problem to install nvidiadriver. My set is:
H170NWifi
I7-6700K
2x8GB DDR4
Kingston 250 gigabytes
Sierra 10.12.3
MultiBeast 9.0.1
SMBIOS: MacPro 3,1
System parameters: inject system ID
Nvidiaweb
Sierra instal driver nvidiawebdriver
Nvidia Web Driver - 367.15.10.35f01
After reboot defaultsytem driver runs

My configuration: i5-6500 / GA-Z170N-WIFI with bios ver. F20 / Samsung EVO 850 m.2 SSD / 1x8GB DDR4-2400 / BCM94352Z.
I followed this guide and your Sierra update guide, saved a lot of time and everything works fine, thanks very much!
PS: you can't imagine how many posts I've read before I start building my first custom mac for a non-native English speaker. XD

My configuration: i5-6500 / GA-Z170N-WIFI with bios ver. F20 / Samsung EVO 850 m.2 SSD / 1x8GB DDR4-2400 / BCM94352Z.
I followed this guide and your Sierra update guide, saved a lot of time and everything works fine, thanks very much!
PS: you can't imagine how many posts I've read before I start building my first custom mac for a non-native English speaker. XD
Nice.

You installed El Capitan and then updated to Sierra?

How did you patch WiFi in sierra?

No, I installed Sierra directly following steps in this guide for El Captian.
For WiFi and Bluetooth patch in Sierra, see this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/update-sierra-on-the-skylake-h170n-wifi.202847/
I also just built a Hackintosh. Followed those guides. Everything is working great, just my issue is that my config.plist file gets messed up after adding in the patch for WiFi in text editor.

WiFi works, but clover can't open the file.

How did you add the text and save the file?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back