Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Install is working on El Capitan but I have no sound. There are no sound devices found...also for some reason only 8 of the 16GB Ram is showing up in system profiler. However, both ram modules are seated in MOBO.

Any suggestions?

RAM is not an issue, user error. Only issue with El Cap install is that I cannot get the onboard sound to work. Are there other drivers I need?

Thanks!

Hi,
Due to the fact that there is some audio issues via hdmi with HD 530,
may I connect my ultrawide with USB-C-HDMI adapter? will it transfer video/audio?

I got HMDI Audio to work
Audio HDMI - (this is provided you got sound to work already)

see link: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/audio-hdmi-audio-applehda-guide.143760/

1. cloverHDMI:
audio_cloverHDMI-120.command.zip
2. Installation
  1. Mount EFI
  2. SIP enabled, OK
  3. Intel: HDMI display only, disconnect DP display
  4. Double click: Downloads/audio_cloverHDMI-1....command
  5. Answer y/n questions
  6. Password
  7. Restart
if still no sound: Try disabling HDAS to HDEF in ACPI config.plist

I was working on my backup drive with sierra to get all features to work when all of a sudden my main drive with El Capitan, won't boot anymore.

I can't figure it out. Can someout help take a look?

I managed to take a picture of the screen before it rebooted.

Attachments

• IMG_0581.PNG
    IMG_0581.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 156
Last edited:
since i am still able to boot in safe mode, i tried to remove the kexts thinking it could be causing the issue and that system might reboot without those, but i was wrong. this resulted to not booting up at all, even in safe mode.

so i gave up, :p and reinstalled El Capitan on my main drive again. Sierra remains in the back up disk till the wake problem is fixed.

I'm planning this build as my first hackintosh in the next week or so once all my parts get here. I'm wondering about the USB setup. I don't have a Apple/Hackintosh to make the USB as described in the instructions. Is this something I have to have or can I install from a USB I set up on a PC? I can get the software needed.

I'm planning this build as my first hackintosh in the next week or so once all my parts get here. I'm wondering about the USB setup. I don't have a Apple/Hackintosh to make the USB as described in the instructions. Is this something I have to have or can I install from a USB I set up on a PC? I can get the software needed.
You'll have to borrow a mac or hack to create the usb installer.

so i gave up, :p and reinstalled El Capitan on my main drive again. Sierra remains in the back up disk till the wake problem is fixed.

Since i've reinstalled el capitan, i can't get the machine to wake up from sleep. The screen remains black when i press the keyboard or move the mouse. Irony.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I reinstalled twice, did exactly as before (when i had the perfect working elcapitan)

Hey, I am very happy with this built so far. The only thing I find a bit strange is that the USB-Bus Power stays on all the time even when the Computer is switched off. So all the hard drives and the audio interface stays on. Do you have the same problem? Is there a fix for this?
Thanx

Hey, I am very happy with this built so far. The only thing I find a bit strange is that the USB-Bus Power stays on all the time even when the Computer is switched off. So all the hard drives and the audio interface stays on. Do you have the same problem? Is there a fix for this?
Thanx

yes it is called erp in the bios it should be enabled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back