Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am stumbling at the first hurdle with a "No Entry Sign" when I try to do an install from a Unibeast USB stick.

My system is:
  • CASE: Streacom F1C WS EVO HTPC Chassis - Non Optical
  • MB: Gigabyte GA-H170N-Wifi [F4 BIOS]
  • CPU: Intel I7 6700T 2.8GHz 35W HD 530 8MB Quad Core CPU
  • CPU FAN: Noctua NH-L9i CPU Cooler
  • SYSTEM FAN: Noctua NF-A6x25
  • RAM: Corsair 32GB Vengeance LPX DDR4 2133MHz RAM/Memory Kit 2x 16GB
  • WIFI/BLUETOOTH: Broadcom BCM94352Z DW1560 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WLAN + Bluetooth
  • HDD: Samsung M.2 850 EVO 500GB SATA SSD
  • HDD2: Crucial MX300 750GB SSD (not yet installed)
  • HDD3: Crucial MX300 750GB SSD (not yet installed)
  • POWER: Mini-Box picoPSU-160-XT High Power 24 Pin Mini-ITX Power Supply
  • SUPPLY: LEICKE 150W Power Supply PSU Charger | 12V 12.5A 5.5 x 2.5 mm | For ITX pico PSU
I have followed all the instructions at the beginning of this thread to set-up the Unibeast install USB stick. In fact I have gone back and repeated them after the first couple of failures to double check I have done everything correctly.

When I boot from the Unibeast 6.2 USB stick, I pressed return (on the External drive) , I get the Apple logo and the bar progresses and then after a while I get a black screen with a "No Entry Sign".

So I rebooted in verbose mode and again get the "No Entry Sign" with the rest of the screen partially corrupted. After a period of time (20 minutes) I can see that the screen sort of tidies itself up and becomes more intelligible and I can make out messages such as:
  • 000036.640893 AppleUSBHostResources@: AppleUSBHostResources::allocateDownstreamBusCurrentGated: assuming successful wakeUnits 150 sleepUnits 0
  • USBMSC Identifier (non-unique): AA011115150221150125 0x781 0x5580 0x10, 3
  • 000037.657723 AppleUSBHostResources@: AppleUSBHostResources::allocateDownstreamBusCurrentGated: assuming successful wakeUnits 500 sleepUnits 0 [these messages keep repeating with mainly wakeUnits 150 ]
  • still waiting for root device
  • [repeating message see above]
  • Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI000/ .....
  • IOUSBMassStorageDriver/IOSCSILog
  • BSD root: disk0S2, major 1, minor 2
  • hfs: mounted Unibeast on device root_device
  • XCPM: registered
  • VMM Swap Subsystem is ON
  • Failed to open swap file 30
  • vm_swap_create_file falied @ 656 secs
  • Failed to open swap file 30
  • vm_swap_create_file failed @ 911 secs
  • [repeating message see above and the keeps repeating]
It occurred to me that as I am doing a brand new install using El Capitan 10.11.6 that this could be the issue?

Any help / suggestions as to how to proceed would be much appreciated. :)
Did you get this solved? How?

So I was able to install Sierra which now I think might have been a mistake. This was my first attempt at hackintosh. I have no idea how to install kext fixes. Even reading the instruction threads I don't really understand.

My issues are:
No wifi/bluetooth (can live w/o wifi working, but would like to use apple keyboard/mouse)
No sound
USB storage devices don't seem to work, but USB mice/keyboard do

I've read in here ways of fixing these issues, but don't really have the confidence I can do the changes...
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-some-unsolved-problems-in-10-12-sierra.202316/

Anyone have suggestions or an idiots guide to kext stuff? Considering trying to install El Captian instead..

Hi everyone.

I precisely followed the guide posted here (thank you very much for it btw!). I also added to SSDTs (the one from the guide for USB as well as the one for my i5-6600). Now everything is working properly except sleep.

If I put the computer to sleep, the screen turns off (goes to standby) but the computer continues to run (fans spinning, not powering off). If I then move the mouse within few seconds the screen comes back to where I put it to sleep. If I wait for like 20 seconds, the computer continues to run but I won't manage to get it back - the screen stays disabled no matter what I'm attempting to do (move mouse, press keyboard, press powerbutton). Then, only a hard-reset with reboot helps.

My hardware:

- GA-H710N-WiFi (with F20 BIOS - that's the only difference in my setup)
- ASUS GTX 960 Strix 4GB
- SATA: SSD for MAC OS X
- SATA: HDD for Storage (with NTFS-Filesystem - maybe thats a problem? gets properly mounted in OS X)
- i5-6600 processor

My configuration:

- Exactely like from the guide - except I updated to CLOVER 2.4k

What I already tried:

- darkwake=no,0,8
- generate my own SSDT with sdtPRGen.sh

How can I make sleep working? Where do I find the logs why the system does not manage to go to a proper sleep / waking up properly?

Thanks for any support in advance.

GIGABYTE H170N-WIFI / BIOS version: F20

I just upgraded my BIOS to version F20. It seems to work now. Hier is what I needed to do in the BIOS to get the hackintosh to boot and work properly.

After the BIOS upgrade I did reset the BIOS (on the motherboard with a jumper on the BIOS reset pins for a second by disconnected power cable).

After reboot I opened the BIOS settings and did the following changes:

Save & Exit

--> Load Optimized Defaults

BIOS
Full Screen LOGO Show -- Enabled
Fast Boot -- Disabled
Window 8/10 Features -- Other OS
LAN PXE Boot Option ROM -- Disabled
Storage Boot Option Control -- UEFI

Peripherals
Initial Display Output -- IGFX

Peripherals /Network Stack Configuration
Network Stack -- Disabled

Peripherals / USB Configuration
Legacy USB Support -- Enabled
XHCI Hand-Off -- Enabled

Chipset
VT-d -- Disabled
Internal Graphics -- Enabled
DVMT Pre-Allocated -- 64M
DVMT Total Gfx Mem -- 256M

Power
Platform Power Management -- Disabled

Hi nihil0.

Is sleep working properly with that BIOS config?

Hi to everyone!!

Im new here with Hackintosh.. I have read many post but Im still confused..

I built a
- Board: Gigabyte H170N-Wifi
- CPU: i7 Skylake 6700k
- Graphic: Intel HD530 (Integrated)
- RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 2x16gb
- HD: Samsung EVO SSD 250GB

I put the MacOs Sierra following the guide but I have the sleep/awake problem; when the computer enters the sleep mode and i move the mouse or touch the keyboard, the cpu turns on but the screen stay black.

I would like to know if this problem has already been solved with El Capitan for erase Sierra Os and install the El Capitan.

And also I would like to know if I can use the onboard bluetooth with El Capital just for use bluetooth keyboard and magic mouse or I need to buy another adapter for that. If I have to buy one.. Wich one you recommend? The Broadcom BCM94352Z its very hard to find here in Spain and I cant buy in Amazon I dont know why so I need another one :(

Thanks for all! Best from Spain! :)

I built my hackintosh but am stuck at the installer screen. Its giving me the prohibit sign and saying something about waiting for root device.

Hi. everything works quite fine, thx to all. onboard sound sometimes will die out of nowhere. running FCPX always. web and itunes will play no sound. in FCPX it will output like .2 s of sound and cuts. also video playback starts stuttering a lot

Model Identifier: iMac17,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 4.01 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Bus Speed: 400 MHz
Boot ROM Version: IM171.0105.B00
SMC Version (system): 2.33f10
Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 530

Great guide / forum

Plan to use guide to build a Hack Mini on which I will want to do a fair amount of video editing on iMovie. Ill go with the 6700k processor. Which variant of the motherboard do you all recommend?

Also what graphics card, power supply and which computer case to fit it all in. Would like as small as possible. 16GB of ram sufficient?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back