Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the GA-H87N-WIFI with GT 740

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice write up :thumbup: I considered writing a guide for my board GA-Z77X-UD5H, but seeing as its a few years old, I didnt know how relevant people would find it... What do you think? :think:

Do you write these directly here, or do you write them in Word/Pages and them paste them in?

I have a GA-Z77X-UD5H with GT 640, etc and Im looking for a guide ;)

I have a GA-Z77X-UD5H with GT 640, etc and Im looking for a guide ;)

Same board, different graphic card (550ti)
Thanks
Nico

I have a GA-Z77X-UD5H with GT 670, etc and Im looking for a guide. Having issues to even get to install screen. I get a black screen with white circle and slash. Did you use UEFI or Legacy to install. I am trying to do a clean install.

Often circle/slash means an outdated version of Clover (specifically OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi). Try doing everything with Clover v3270 or higher. If upgrading, you may need to install the current version of Clover to your system drive first, or at least grab the file mentioned above.

Often circle/slash means an outdated version of Clover (specifically OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi). Try doing everything with Clover v3270 or higher. If upgrading, you may need to install the current version of Clover to your system drive first, or at least grab the file mentioned above.

I used Clover with unibeast and I also downloaded the most current version from Sourceforge. Same result. This is a clean install I am trying to do. I get this on booting from the USB stick itself. I don't even get to the install screen. If i go into -v mode, it is complaining about bluetooth transport.

I have a problem if anyone could help me i would be grateful. I updated Yosemite to El Capitan following the Clover guide. I fixed back the sound the my biggest problem and also weird at the same time is that 4 out of 6 usb in the back of the board don`t work after i start to but from clover El Capitan. in Clover Bootloader they work after i hit enter and start booting the usb don`t have power anymore (the light from both mouse and keyboard turns off) But..the front case usb 3 are working perfectly and 2 of the usb from the back. In system report i see correct the devices plugged in the working usb`s but the other ones show up like USB 2 intel. i had before and i patched again the DSDT with maci...but nothing is working...do you guys have any idea what to try?
I forgot to mention that i have in efi kext . the generic usb from RehabMan..i used this one before in Yosemite. It loading i don`t get any panics or anything.

Thanks

Hi, sorry about that i did not realized my signature was very old.
I updated now. My mobo is the same one you have and the one in the post. GA-H87N-WIFI

The Pjalm patches for the GA-H87N-WIFI cause USB problems in El Capitan (at least, as of a week ago or so). If you're using those, you'll need to avoid the part that renames XHC to XHC1, at a minimum. Post #1 has the DSDT.aml that I'm using.

The Pjalm patches for the GA-H87N-WIFI cause USB problems in El Capitan (at least, as of a week ago or so). If you're using those, you'll need to avoid the part that renames XHC to XHC1, at a minimum. Post #1 has the DSDT.aml that I'm using.

Ok.
I will try the one you put on post 1 and let you know if it`s working.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back