Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the GA-H87N-WIFI with GT 740

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using Z97-HD3 (F3 bios) and have succeed with following this guide.

But after I upgraded the bios to F9, the El Capitan will go to random freezes.
Even I tried with a clean install again, it will show "An error occurred while preparing the installation. Try running this application again" during the installation process.

Any idea about that? thanks

I have two small problems, that must be related to Clover: config.plist

1. EFI -partition is mounted all the time
2. When shutting down, it takes a while , after reboot: OSX complaines about not being shut down correctly (or somehow :)

No problem when booting with ozmosis

Well, this board isn't current any more either, but it was in the Buyer's Guide for a while, so I'm imagining a few people have it. Granted, they might be more interested in an upgrade than a full install, but at least this brings together the config.plist and kexts that are needed.

I'm super thankful you did all of this, appreciate it!

For me, I was waiting to do a clean install once El Capitan came out, so this is exactly what I was looking for.

As I followed it, though, the new machine is getting stalled up on a gray screen, it looks like OS X, and even has a gradient. It's after a loading bar or two, but before any Disk Utility screen.

Any suggestions as to what the catch here is?

/Edit/Update: I got it working; I'm thinking it had something to do with an extra screen, with one being plugged into the MB and one to the Video card. I'm not 100% certain what I did to get it right, but eventually, one screen had what I described above, while another, (which wasn't working before) had the install menu and the option to get into Disk Utility.
So Thanks again Ammulder and tonymac!
/

Thanks,

Josh

I have a similar problem (bios F9), the preparation to installation crashs.

by the way, there is no trace of Intel TXT(LT) Support in the bios

PS: Hi to everybody. This is my first post and first hackintosh!

I have two small problems, that must be related to Clover: config.plist

1. EFI -partition is mounted all the time
2. When shutting down, it takes a while , after reboot: OSX complaines about not being shut down correctly (or somehow :)

No problem when booting with ozmosis

solution:

1. sudo nvram Clover.MountEFI=no
2. sudo nvram -d aapl,panic-info

Nice write up :thumbup: I considered writing a guide for my board GA-Z77X-UD5H, but seeing as its a few years old, I didnt know how relevant people would find it... What do you think? :think:

Do you write these directly here, or do you write them in Word/Pages and them paste them in?

Please do the guide for the Z77X-UD5H! I have this board and want to get El Capitan installed on a spare machine to test it out.

Thanks!

It is supported by that command, and thats exactly what I use to get audio working (originally and after upgrade). Works like a charm. Thank you toleda!

Which revision of the board do you have. I have rev 1 and had to use a cheap usb audio adapter. In preferences I had audio devices to select and when I plugged in headphones it would show headphones but I never got audio out. When I plugged in the usb adapter, audio worked like a charm. This was in yosemite.

This guide is perfect. i have a similar configuration and the only problem was to remove the additional HDD an left alone the boot HDD for ElCapitan, in other case the booting process hangs in "scan entries for clover". After the complete successful installation i could reconnect the additional HDD without problems. :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back