i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've just successfully installed latest 10.15.7 in my machine. The machine was at High Sierra for some years. At first WiFi isn't working. So I tried some guides from TonyMacx86 & InsanelyMac Forums. For 3 days tweaking, at last success.

Now I've learnt that 1 problem is 10.15.7 's SIP (system integrity protection) and a bit of my ignorance. It is VERY IMPORTANT to disable SIP before this procedure, otherwise you will FAIL.

I will share the easiest & most fool-proof method. Thanks to all dudes who posted the guides before me - I've learnt from you guys!

I use this card:
TL-WN881ND (Atheros AR9287 chip)
This card was working very well in Sierra & High Sierra in this machine before.
(if you use different model, please read OTHER NOTES in the end of this GUIDE).

So the GUIDE:

What you need:

1. hackintool, from: https://github.com/headkaze/Hackintool/releases
2. AtherosWiFiInjector.kext - attached below
3. clover configurator, from: https://mackie100projects.altervista.org/download-clover-configurator/

What you need to do:
1. install 10.15.7 successfully
2. disable SIP using clover configurator:
- open Clover Configurator.app
- mount EFI > mount partition > open partition, then locate the config.plist file, open config.plist
- Rt Variables > CsrActiveConfig set to 0x67, then Reboot.
3. open Terminal, make sure you have disabled SIP by typing: csrutil status. Should respond: "System Integrity Protection status: disabled."
4. open Hackintool.app > Utilities > klik that icon I circled, follow the steps.
Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 18.10.44.png

- hackintool will edit the file: /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext to support Atheros.
5. open cloverconfigurator again, mount EFI partition and put AtherosWiFiInjector.kext inside /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other, Reboot.

Upon restart, Wifi should work.
That's it! I hope everything is clear & may you have success! Cheers!

NOTES:

I've just updated all via Software Update. After restart, Wifi broke again. It is because the file IO80211Family.kext was updated by Apple again. Just Re-Do above steps from step number 3 above. Wifi will work fine again.

OTHER NOTES:

In case it's still doesn't work:
- You may have different Atheros card/chip, then you should edit the AtherosWiFiInjector.kext to include your Atheros chip variant. Use a plist editor such as from: https://github.com/ic005k/PlistEDPlus/releases.
1. locate /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/AtherosWiFiInjector.kext, right click on it > Show Package Contents.
2. In the contents open info.plist using the plist editor.
3. Make sure & edit IONameMatch to include your Atheros device signature.
Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 18.29.10.png

In my case it is pci168c,2e, yours may be pci168c,2a or other number. Edit it & save it. Put edited kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/

To know what Atheros signature number you have, use hackintool:

Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 18.36.45.png

Attachments

• AtherosWiFiInjector.kext.zip
    1 KB · Views: 575
Last edited:
Very useful information. Thanks!!!

I've just successfully installed latest 10.15.7 in my machine. The machine was at High Sierra for some years. At first WiFi isn't working. So I tried some guides from TonyMacx86 & InsanelyMac Forums. For 3 days tweaking, at last success.

Now I've learnt that 1 problem is 10.15.7 's SIP (system integrity protection) and a bit of my ignorance. It is VERY IMPORTANT to disable SIP before this procedure, otherwise you will FAIL.

I will share the easiest & most fool-proof method. Thanks to all dudes who posted the guides before me - I've learnt from you guys!

I use this card:
TL-WN881ND (Atheros AR9287 chip)
This card was working very well in Sierra & High Sierra in this machine before.
(if you use different model, please read OTHER NOTES in the end of this GUIDE).

So the GUIDE:

What you need:

1. hackintool, from: https://github.com/headkaze/Hackintool/releases
2. AtherosWiFiInjector.kext - attached below
3. clover configurator, from: https://mackie100projects.altervista.org/download-clover-configurator/

What you need to do:
1. install 10.15.7 successfully
2. disable SIP using clover configurator:
- open Clover Configurator.app
- mount EFI > mount partition > open partition, then locate the config.plist file, open config.plist
- Rt Variables > CsrActiveConfig set to 0x67, then Reboot.
3. open Terminal, make sure you have disabled SIP by typing: csrutil status. Should respond: "System Integrity Protection status: disabled."
4. open Hackintool.app > Utilities > klik that icon I circled, follow the steps.
View attachment 540131
- hackintool will edit the file: /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext to support Atheros.
5. open cloverconfigurator again, mount EFI partition and put AtherosWiFiInjector.kext inside /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other, Reboot.

Upon restart, Wifi should work.
That's it! I hope everything is clear & may you have success! Cheers!

NOTES:

I've just updated all via Software Update. After restart, Wifi broke again. It is because the file IO80211Family.kext was updated by Apple again. Just Re-Do above steps from step number 3 above. Wifi will work fine again.

OTHER NOTES:

In case it's still doesn't work:
- You may have different Atheros card/chip, then you should edit the AtherosWiFiInjector.kext to include your Atheros chip variant. Use a plist editor such as from: https://github.com/ic005k/PlistEDPlus/releases.
1. locate /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/AtherosWiFiInjector.kext, right click on it > Show Package Contents.
2. In the contents open info.plist using the plist editor.
3. Make sure & edit IONameMatch to include your Atheros device signature.
View attachment 540132
In my case it is pci168c,2e, yours may be pci168c,2a or other number. Edit it & save it. Put edited kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/

To know what Atheros signature number you have, use hackintool:

View attachment 540134
Thanks

bory27. This info was super useful!​

Back