CPU
I7-7700HQ, BCM94360NG wifi
Graphics
GTX1050, HD 630
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Just in case no one has spotted this, I found the following post linking to a driver for the SD Card Reader. Installed it in /L/E and it seems to work quite well. (when installed in clover/kext/other it provided read only operation.

Which code did you take? These are the repos I found:
I just found this, maybe it helps:

At the bottom is the download Sinetek-rtsx.kext.zip

Or from here:

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9560 - YH90J
CPU
I7-7700HQ
Graphics
GTX 1050, HD 630
Just in case no one has spotted this, I found the following post linking to a driver for the SD Card Reader. Installed it in /L/E and it seems to work quite well. (when installed in clover/kext/other it provided read only operation.
With OpenCore this doesn't need to be under /L/E

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9560
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
GTX 1050/HD 630
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android
Ohhhhh, nice find!

I placed the KEXT into my EFI/Clover/Kexts/Others and rebuilt the kext cache.

Works for me: read and write works without needing to be put inside S/L/E or L/E.

Tested with a Samsung Evo Plus, 64GB MicroSD and I got 5.2 MB/s write and 4.9 MB/s read speeds (Tested with Blackmagic Disk Speed Test).

Seemed a little slow, so I tried the same card in a USB A 3.0 to SD adapter and got the following speeds:
51.3 MB/s write and 89.6 MB/s read

Still happy, despite the slower speed - that's one less dongle to carry around now!

Edit: I am running Clover 5119 and Catalina 10.15.5, for reference.
Edit 2: I also tried the KEXT inside L/E and the transfer speed remains the same.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Dell XPS 9560
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
GTX 1050/HD 630
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android
Catalina 10.15.6 is now available.
No issues with the update - using the newest Clover r5120.

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9560 FHD
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
MacBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi Guys ! It's been a long time and I still enjoy this hack of mine.

@blazinsmokey there's in not a single day nor me or this laptop think about you, I hope you are safe and sounds in this crazy times.

Just wanted to pop out here because I just seen this, and it's really good news: FAN CONTROL FOR DELL LAPTOPS!!!

Now apparently fan control is possible, you can install this kext by compiling the latest VirtualSMC or download the one attached here and report.

The only thing that annoyed the hell outta me was these uncontrollable noisy fans, now I enjoy even more this laptop!

All the best, take care and most of all be safe!

1595790777107.png

EDIT#2: I tested it, FAN CONTROL DO WORKS but not via HWMonitorSMC2 (monitoring temp and fan speed only).
You can use Exirion (free) as mentioned in Acidanthera thread to manual set up fan speed:

You also have to install these 2 kexts: SMCSuperIO.kext and SMCProcessor.kext to make this work and retrieve temp reading.

1595794734638.png

Note: I let the Bios control and set it to automatic, but you can manually setup max fan speed with it if you need.
Just be caution so the fan ventilation is enough not to overheat the CPU.

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
Dell XPS 9560 FHD
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
MacBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Also note about the last Bios update from june 2020 (v.1.19) : If you don't want to loose undervolting capability both on window (XTU) and mac (VoltageShift), do not install the last Bios update!
You can always roll back to 1.18 if needed.