Motherboard
Dell 9560
CPU
Core i7 (7th Gen) 7700HQ
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
Mobile Phone
Android
So i successfully upgraded from Mojave to Catalina 10.15.4 . Everything seems to be fine . I have a question . in SMBIOS if i change model to 14,3 because i have i7 7700hq model , my usb start working only for charging and stock bluetooth are stop working . I saw that some one used 14,3 model , can you give me some advice pls

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9560 - YH90J
CPU
I7-7700HQ
Graphics
GTX 1050, HD 630
Hey @ganeshka
Jardenliu from GitHub seems to use 14,3! I can confirm that his build is stable.

And I saw that you asked before about battery life.
The Dell XPS has a big thermal throttling problem.
So, I have repasted and undervolted my hackintosh (and enabled speed shift via the efi terminal tweek).

I have the large battery 97WHr.
My Battery health is currently at 69% and with web browsing/word etc it last up to 7 1/2 hours.
I will replace my old battery when it has under 55% health. I think with a new battery the xps will go up to 10-11 hours.

Currently the fans are sometimes running while doing heavier browsing (like YouTube) or while programming.

For repasting I have used MX-4. But I will replace it with Thermal Grizzly kryonaut. (temps will go down by only 3 degree xD)
Then I will add some aluminum heat spreader and thermal pads to the VRMs and Chokes.
In the end I hope that fans will stay also off while watching YouTube!

For undervolting you should run Cinebench R20 multiple times and some GPU heavy task.
I also recommend to try decreasing System Agent (begin with -10 and then go step by step with 10. Mine is at -30)
Before decreasing system agent, the fans would still run while normal browsing. So I recommend it even if other says its useless.

Also important is that the brightness of the screen is a important factor of your battery life.
when its at full brightness it will drain more then double of power at half the brightness.

Last edited:
Motherboard
GA-Z370N-WIFI
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
RX 460
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
OK so everything was working great for the last 7 days. Today my Facetime and iMessages decided to give me errors.
I have done the changes in SMBios with Clover. Everything checked out.
That's not a bug, that's a feature. Your system with already authorized accounts is not supposed to magically teleport to another serial number hardware. When restoring from time machine macOS will force you to reauthorize. It will even force you to change iCloud password each time you change serial number unless you enable 2Factor authentication on your account (in which case it will just force you to reauthorize)

Motherboard
Dell 9560
CPU
Core i7 (7th Gen) 7700HQ
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
Mobile Phone
Android
Thanks a lot , i'm on this build almost one week + changed wifi for
BCM94360NG on AMAZON . only one thing which i would like to change is battery life )))

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9560 - YH90J
CPU
I7-7700HQ
Graphics
GTX 1050, HD 630
Thanks a lot , i'm on this build almost one week + changed wifi for
BCM94360NG on AMAZON . only one thing which i would like to change is battery life )))
Undervolting can be done with voltageshift:

Please run Cinebench and other stress test a lot to try your config:

If you also undervolt the GPU also stress test, I used this one (opened multiple times at the same time):
I couldn't start it trough the GUI, so I used the command line interface. There are examples in the .sh file.

SpeedShift:
Go to the page and in the first post a post from "Rockstar75" is quoted.
But only do this if you have the xps 9560. IF you have another laptop search for your laptops correct way.
If you do this on another laptop it could brick them!

Motherboard
Dell 9560
CPU
Core i7 (7th Gen) 7700HQ
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
Mobile Phone
Android
Screenshot 2020-05-25 at 17.44.26.png

so after enabling speed shift and voltageshift here result . Is this what it should looks like ?

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9560 - YH90J
CPU
I7-7700HQ
Graphics
GTX 1050, HD 630
Temps shouldn't be at 100c xD (but that's only a sensor/display problem)
But the rest is okay if your system is not crashing while Stress testing.
You could also try to decrease the cache more as the CPU. Sometimes that's possible...

Don't forget to add it as launch option with the buildlaunchd option!

Motherboard
Dell 9560
CPU
Core i7 (7th Gen) 7700HQ
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
Mobile Phone
Android
thanks a lot i will try to test for battery life and will leave here results

Motherboard
Dell 9560
CPU
Core i7 (7th Gen) 7700HQ
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
Mobile Phone
Android
So my setting now are -150 -90 -150 -30 . problem : on offset it can handle more . but after restart computer i can't boot . So i using each time my backup and restore it from backup ... If this possible to clear daemon via recovery terminal ? Battery life already better , will test more tomorrow . And another question is how set turbo 0 auto ? because each time manually use terminal after restart not so funny ))

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9560 - YH90J
CPU
I7-7700HQ
Graphics
GTX 1050, HD 630
-150 are pretty much. But if these work. It’s all good!

I think it’s possible via recovery. But you also could boot in single user mode! (For Terminal Access, and then delete the plist via terminal) or in safe mode for normal access but with launchdemon disabled.

But a normal start should be possible with Voltageshift, I mean a start without a crash! are you sure that -150 is okay?
Turbo can also be disabled with buildlaunchd
See here the 7 option is turbo. In PL1 just enter 45. Pl2 56.

sudo ./voltageshift buildlaunchd <CPU> <GPU> <CPUCache> <SA> <AI/O> <DI/O> <turbo> <pl1> <pl2> <UpdateMins (0 only apply at bootup)>

if you don’t have these options, you need to build the GitHub directory (for the newest version) If I have Time, i can send you my build.