Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9560 Mojave VirtualSMC, I2C Trackpad, Clover UEFI Hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
The SD card reader should work with this kext!

FYI - If you dual boot Windows 10 like I do, Dell BIOS updates are being pushed through Windows Update now. You can disable package-based BIOS updates in the UEFI under Security > UEFI Capsule Firmware Updates. You'll want to UNCHECK this to prevent Windows from automatically updating your BIOS.

Additionally, the SD card reader kext *does* work, but it's a bit unstable. I've had a few KPs with it injected, but none with it removed/disabled.

FYI - If you dual boot Windows 10 like I do, Dell BIOS updates are being pushed through Windows Update now. You can disable package-based BIOS updates in the UEFI under Security > UEFI Capsule Firmware Updates. You'll want to UNCHECK this to prevent Windows from automatically updating your BIOS.

Additionally, the SD card reader kext *does* work, but it's a bit unstable. I've had a few KPs with it injected, but none with it removed/disabled.
Ooh, scary stuff. Thanks for the heads up, I've disabled it!!

I didn't have any KP yet, but I'm curious to test. Also I should probably disable bluetooth and wifi driver since I'm using a BCM94360NG?

Surprise! Surprise! I heard y'all wanted some Big Sur OpenCore for Thanksgiving. Hope to see you guys join the new thread soon.

Can I delete HibernationFixup.kext if I've disabled hibernation/sleep completelly? It's seems ok as of now but still...

In fact usb3 and Ethernet (for Ethernet I needed to install drivers from the Realtek website) is working for me, the only problem is when I try to connect something to the usb2 ports or even a usb2 device to a usb3 port. I verified with other people having a genuine MacBook and it seems to be fully working, so it’s an issue with our hackintoshe
Actually yes! USB3 works! I guess I never tried a USB3 flash drive. USB2 devices do not work: flash drives, mouse, etc.

Noob questions:
1) Does the AC adapter for the TB16 dock have the same plug as the AC adapter for the 9560?
2) Have any of you tried plugging a USB 3 hub into the dock, then plugging in your USB 2 devices into that hub?

Last edited:
Noob questions:
1) Does the AC adapter for the TB16 dock have the same plug as the AC adapter for the 9560?
2) Have any of you tried plugging a USB 3 hub into the dock, then plugging in your USB 2 devices into that hub?
1) No
2) Yes, did not work unfortunately. None of the usb ports on the dock work for me in MacOS, while they do work in W10.

None of the usb ports on the dock work for me in MacOS, while they do work in W10.
I've always had DP video, both USB-C to DP and DP to DP, 4K@60Hz working in MacOS, but no USB.

I've now managed to get USB ports working in MacOS as well, but am not sure which of the three things I did:

1) BIOS changes,
2) Thunderbolt3Unblocker.kext in L/E, and
3) SSDT-TB3.aml in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

among multiple reboots and several minor things made it work--including the ability to daisy-chain USB hubs from the dock.

Let me know if there is interest and I will post a more complete list.

Last edited:
I've always had DP video, both USB-C to DP and DP to DP, 4K@60Hz working in MacOS, but no USB.

I've now managed to get USB ports working in MacOS as well, but am not sure which of the three things I did:

1) BIOS changes,
2) Thunderbolt3Unblocker.kext in L/E, and
3) SSDT-TB3.aml in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

among multiple reboots and several minor things made it work--including the ability to daisy-chain USB hubs from the dock.

Let me know if there is interest and I will post a more complete list.
Yea please do so, I feel the OpenCore Big Sur EFI I put together is coming to a completion and again TBT is the only real thing holding this hack back.

Yea please do so, I feel the OpenCore Big Sur EFI I put together is coming to a completion and again TBT is the only real thing holding this hack back.
Will do after a few more tests and reboots. As a retired biologist, I'm pretty embarrassed that I didn't do good experiments.

I'm still on Catalina, though, and not planning to upgrade for a while.

Thanks for all you've done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back