Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9560 Mojave VirtualSMC, I2C Trackpad, Clover UEFI Hotpatch

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9560 - YH90J
CPU
I7-7700HQ
Graphics
GTX 1050, HD 630
So my setting now are -150 -90 -150 -30 . problem : on offset it can handle more . but after restart computer i can't boot . So i using each time my backup and restore it from backup ... If this possible to clear daemon via recovery terminal ? Battery life already better , will test more tomorrow . And another question is how set turbo 0 auto ? because each time manually use terminal after restart not so funny ))
and as a tip. You also should set the UpdateMins to something like 60 or less.
because if the laptop goes to sleep, the Voltage will reset.

Motherboard
Dell 9560
CPU
Core i7 (7th Gen) 7700HQ
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
Mobile Phone
Android
on -150 no problems at all , my needs is vscode for web dev and chrome + music on background thats all )) In this condition works like before . when i tried to push cache more system star freezing and some artifacts . One more question , how to correctly enter in safe mode ? In clover i push spacebar on my drive and then select option Safe mode and it never load in to desktop not even once and no meter on which EFI i am or Mac os version . If you can share with me some tips and tricks ))) and thanks for your answers !!!

Motherboard
Dell 9560
CPU
Core i7 (7th Gen) 7700HQ
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
Mobile Phone
Android
Screenshot 2020-05-28 at 16.09.44.png

so with this settings and :

brightness 75%
wifi + bluetooth
chrome 2 pages (web development + online radio DI.FM)
vscode + react server for web dev

i'm getting about 5.30 hours . I think 9560 can better ))) any ideas ?

Motherboard
Dell Precision 5520
CPU
7820HQ
Graphics
HD 630 / M1200
Mobile Phone
Android
Hello! Can someone here help me having problems with my
Dell precision 5520 i7 7820HQ // HD GRAPHICS 630 / NVIDIA M1200
Trying to install Mojave but allways stuck at "2mn remaining" and reboot my first hackintosh install any help plz struggle about 3days...
Here my EFI folder

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
Dell XPS 9560 - YH90J
CPU
I7-7700HQ
Graphics
GTX 1050, HD 630
View attachment 472128

so with this settings and :

brightness 75%
wifi + bluetooth
chrome 2 pages (web development + online radio DI.FM)
vscode + react server for web dev

i'm getting about 5.30 hours . I think 9560 can better ))) any ideas ?

Could still be thermal throtteling? you could re-paste your thermal paste with a better one...

Motherboard
GA-Z370N-WIFI
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
RX 460
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
It seems like hot replug works but with a big delay (in minutes) i.e if you unplug usb-c/tb adapter (with USB device directly attached to it in this example), it won't mount back when replugged. But if you wait a couple a minutes then plug it back, it works and usb devices mounts again. Weird.
I wonder why it's not on Readme. I was sure hot replug doesn't work for me, until i red this.

Heard about this kext (seems to date a bit now): IOElectrify
I wonder why IOElectrify kext has just one mention on this thread.

I found this mention of people using IOElectrify to enable TB3 hotplug on XPS 9570
Couldn't get TB3 working with IOElectrify on 9560 at all.
But when i tried to use IOElectrify with SSDC-TYPC, it finally got me hot replug working (instantly, without delay)
I can finally replug my 4K montor, power adapter, ethernet, soundbar, keyboard and mice with single cable without reboot!
It still breaks if you put laptop to sleep while USBC dock is plugged (just disable sleep for power adapter)
And it still requires USBC dock to be plugged at boot (or just plug it while laptop is sleeping and wake it)

Last edited:
Motherboard
Dell XPS 9560 - YH90J
CPU
I7-7700HQ
Graphics
GTX 1050, HD 630
I wonder why it's not on Readme. I was sure hot replug doesn't work for me, until i red this.

I wonder why IOElectrify kext has just one mention on this thread. Without it i couldn't get USBC hot replug working instantly
Doesn’t IOElectrify Power the USB C Port all the time? So the Power consumption would be much more?

Could you share your current clover folder?

Motherboard
GA-Z370N-WIFI
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
RX 460
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Doesn’t IOElectrify Power the USB C Port all the time? So the Power consumption would be much more?
Probably, but when you use a dock with power delivery, you don't care that much about battery life.

Could you share your current clover folder?
It's just CLOVER 3.4 with IOElectrify and unrelated black screen on wake/dp replug fix (tested without black screen fix and instant replug also worked)

Motherboard
GA-Z370N-WIFI
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
RX 460
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
I can finally replug my 4K montor, power adapter, ethernet, soundbar, keyboard and mice with single cable without reboot!
Ok, this isn't really working. My USBC dock with USB 3.0 HUB works as USB 2.0 HUB when plugged to XPS (works fine with Macbook), and suddenly gigabit ethernet isn't really a gigabit.

But i went further and found a way to hotplug TB3 dock.

Unlike USBC dock, when using IOElectrify and SSDT-TB3, devices are not detected after booting with TB3 dock plugged in, and if you try to replug TB3 it will still look like it's not working, but it does.

Trick is, in this configuration, TB3 hotplug works ONLY when laptop is sleeping.
Not a big deal IMO, since docked laptops are used with lid closed anyway, and with closed lid they go to sleep when unplugged from power. I can hear fans turning off in about 5 seconds after i close the lid while disconnected or disconnect while lid is closed)

Another issue with this configuration is, each time you add/remove USB device from dock, in order for macOS to see the changes TB3 dock must be replugged. Also IMO not a big deal, since dock is mostly for plugging predefined set of devices.

So now finally I CAN replug my 4K montor, power adapter, GIGABIT ethernet, soundbar, keyboard and mice with single cable without reboot!

Motherboard
Dell Precision 5520
CPU
7820HQ
Graphics
HD 630 / M1200
Mobile Phone
Android
Thanks for this helpful tuto!
New on hackintosing after first reboot i have three icon (Mojave install, Prebooter, start Mac) when i choose start Mac it goes - v mode and restart here the last lines before reboot.
Any help welcome!

Attachments

Last edited: