Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9530 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see why the Broadcom WiFi driver would be loading if you have the Intel card installed. Unless you've done some DSDT patches to remap the device-id of the Intel card to Broadcom (which would be a mistake).

I followed the guide as per first post but don't recall running

./XPS9530.sh --patch-wifi

During the post-install. I'll re-do the installation and try again.

@the-darkvoid

OT:

Hey there mate. I just wanted to say thanks for the idea of script. I have made a similar script with some changes here https://github.com/intruder16/Y510p-OS-X

Credits given. Thanks

Evidently not. The FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext does not refer to class FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400... only class FakePCIID. You must have an old version of FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext in your cache or elsewhere on your system.

Yes, you are right. The EFI Partition (which is not mounted automatically) has also kexts in the Clover Directory (which was the reason that my "find" call does not found them in my first try).

So i started from scratch, erased the osx Partition, reinstalled yosemite, executed all steps from the howto again, including dsdt dumping, patching, copying, and also updated the fakepci kexts also with your latest builds, and then "alloc class" error was gone.

But then i got a similar boot behavoiur as if i use the "plain" Installation (only installed the files mentioned
in post #1), boot hangs/get stuck here:

Any ideas ho to debug further?

Attachments

• BootHangs.jpg
    BootHangs.jpg
    518.1 KB · Views: 105
Yes, you are right. The EFI Partition (which is not mounted automatically) has also kexts in the Clover Directory (which was the reason that my "find" call does not found them in my first try).

So i started from scratch, erased the osx Partition, reinstalled yosemite, executed all steps from the howto again, including dsdt dumping, patching, copying, and also updated the fakepci kexts also with your latest builds, and then "alloc class" error was gone.

But then i got a similar boot behavoiur as if i use the "plain" Installation (only installed the files mentioned
in post #1), boot hangs/get stuck here:

Any ideas ho to debug further?

Are you using the correct config.plist? Patched IOKit framework? BIOS settings correct? Booting without caches? Rebuild cache after?

Also, save things like BrcmPatchRAM for later. The debug output from it may be scrolling more important information off screen.

Are you using the correct config.plist? Patched IOKit framework? BIOS settings correct? Booting without caches? Rebuild cache after?

Also, save things like BrcmPatchRAM for later. The debug output from it may be scrolling more important information off screen.

I m using all the files comming from the packages and Tools mentioned in the how-to in post #1. I just installed everything again, this time no addiotional kext install, only the files mentioned in the guide in post #1. And it just does not work, boot gets stuck every time.

I have no clue if all the files in the howto here are correct, and if the how-to covers all bios Settings correct.

So i can only repeat my question from my previous posts:
Was anybody here able to get yosemite fully running, only with the installations steps mentioned in the how-to from post #1 ?
Are additional steps necessary which are not written in the howto here from post #1?
(Additional kexts, tooling, bios settings etc?).

I m using all the files comming from the packages and Tools mentioned in the how-to in post #1. I just installed everything again, this time no addiotional kext install, only the files mentioned in the guide in post #1. And it just does not work, boot gets stuck every time.

I have no clue if all the files in the howto here are correct, and if the how-to covers all bios Settings correct.

So i can only repeat my question from my previous posts:
Was anybody here able to get yosemite fully running, only with the installations steps mentioned in the how-to from post #1 ?
Are additional steps necessary which are not written in the howto here from post #1?
(Additional kexts, tooling, bios settings etc?).

You should focus on graphics first. Save other things for later.

Your profile doesn't even indicate the hardware details of your Dell.

Please update your profile to reflect your hardware details....

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

After trying Linux it seems that I totally forgot to check the chipset of my wireless card - it seems Dell decided to ship my XPS 9530 with DW1560 (same as @wojtoo) and not as previously thought Intel 7260.

It seems the kernel panic is had earlier is due to the DW1560 card which has the BCM4352 chip. Although since I ran the latest scripts from the gihub repo, it seems the BCM4352 patch has been taken out - https://github.com/the-darkvoid/XPS9530-OSX/commit/6e974d2bef775561f326e1743c56d53d6c221c66 although I can't find the commit which has the "superseded FakePCIID for BCM4352". Am I missing something here @thedarkvoid?

After trying Linux it seems that I totally forgot to check the chipset of my wireless card - it seems Dell decided to ship my XPS 9530 with DW1560 (same as @wojtoo) and not as previously thought Intel 7260.

It seems the kernel panic is had earlier is due to the DW1560 card which has the BCM4352 chip. Although since I ran the latest scripts from the gihub repo, it seems the BCM4352 patch has been taken out - https://github.com/the-darkvoid/XPS9530-OSX/commit/6e974d2bef775561f326e1743c56d53d6c221c66 although I can't find the commit which has the "superseded FakePCIID for BCM4352". Am I missing something here @thedarkvoid?

There is no need to add DSDT patches for BCM94352... All you need is the associated FakePCIID kext and config.plist patch for 5Ghz (bluetooth is BrcmPatchRAM.kext and handoff patch in config.plsit).

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution
Nothing Special to say about the Hardware, as it is a Standard XPS-15 9530.
And the specification are excatly the same as in post #1:

"The Dell XPS 15 (9530) comes with the following specifications:

• Intel i7-4712HQ processor (i7-4702HQ in older revisions)
  • Intel Lynxpoint HM87 Chipset
  • Intel HD 4600 integrated graphics
  • Nvidia Geforce GT750M, 2GB DDR RAM dedicated graphics
  • Realtek ALC668 audio codec
  • Intel AC-7260 wifi (PCI-express) and bluetooth (USB) M2 (NGFF)
"
I also replaced the stock Intel wifi/Bluetooth Card with a (pretty expensive and hard to find) BCM94352Z:
"
Intel AC-7260 wifi, this card has no existing drivers on OS X and cannot be supported.
The card can be swapped for a Broadcom BCM94352Z which works on OS X for both Wifi and Bluetooth
"

Only difference to stock Laptop is, that i replaced the 9-cell battery with a 6-cell battery, to get space in the Laptop to add a additional 256GB SSD (for OSX Installation parallel to Windows 8 installation on mSata 512GB SSD).

Nothing Special to say about the Hardware, as it is a Standard XPS-15 9530.
And the specification are excatly the same as in post #1:

"The Dell XPS 15 (9530) comes with the following specifications:

• Intel i7-4712HQ processor (i7-4702HQ in older revisions)
  • Intel Lynxpoint HM87 Chipset
  • Intel HD 4600 integrated graphics
  • Nvidia Geforce GT750M, 2GB DDR RAM dedicated graphics
  • Realtek ALC668 audio codec
  • Intel AC-7260 wifi (PCI-express) and bluetooth (USB) M2 (NGFF)
"
I also replaced the stock Intel wifi/Bluetooth Card with a (pretty expensive and hard to find) BCM94352Z:
"
Intel AC-7260 wifi, this card has no existing drivers on OS X and cannot be supported.
The card can be swapped for a Broadcom BCM94352Z which works on OS X for both Wifi and Bluetooth
"

Only difference to stock Laptop is, that i replaced the 9-cell battery with a 6-cell battery, to get space in the Laptop to add a additional 256GB SSD (for OSX Installation parallel to Windows 8 installation on mSata 512GB SSD).

Read carefully. You did not mention the screen resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back