Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9530 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep using your driver two finger scroll/zoom works - thanks again for an absolutely mind blowing guide.:clap:

Yep using your driver two finger scroll/zoom works - thanks again for an absolutely mind blowing guide.:clap:

No zoom (not in my driver), but yes on scroll.

No your right no pinch zoom - just scroll + option which is set in the touchpad preferences.

Now that i've got some time to start personalising this build I've stumbled on a number of annoying issues:-

* my wifi speed is poor and streaming SD youtube clips are ok but HD clips stutter - other devices don't have this affect (maybe the antenna cable was put in the wrong way round when I installed the wifi card - I'll try switching it around later tonight)

* USB LAN adaptor that comes with the M3800 connection speed is also very poor - takes 1GB file over 40mins to transfer over a 10/100mb line - this normally takes a minute or two.

* USB drop outs to My iphone every 1 min or less so unusable

Not sure if anyone else has these issues or just me -:banghead:

No your right no pinch zoom - just scroll + option which is set in the touchpad preferences.

Now that i've got some time to start personalising this build I've stumbled on a number of annoying issues:-

* my wifi speed is poor and streaming SD youtube clips are ok but HD clips stutter - other devices don't have this affect (maybe the antenna cable was put in the wrong way round when I installed the wifi card - I'll try switching it around later tonight)

Make sure you disable "wake for wireless" in SysPrefs->Energy Saver (assuming you have BCM WiFi).

That mind no difference, tested a USB wifi dongle d-link dwa151 and now getting 130mbs which seems normal. So not sure why my dw1560 which supports upto +800mbs is not archiving anything close to 130mbs - might try and install windows 10 on this second partition and check the wifi just to eliminate the possibility of it being faulty.

That mind no difference, tested a USB wifi dongle d-link dwa151 and now getting 130mbs which seems normal. So not sure why my dw1560 which supports upto +800mbs is not archiving anything close to 130mbs - might try and install windows 10 on this second partition and check the wifi just to eliminate the possibility of it being faulty.

Check WiFi hardware on Windows. Could be bad install (antenna...??).

Note: I have no 'ac' router/AP, so have not tested my BCM94352 in that scenario...

It would seem that the antenna was the issue after switching the cables around my speeds seems more acceptable plus the issue of my iPhone keeps disconnecting has gone away! So glad as that wifi dongle I put in to test was causing all kinds of issues when put into sleep mode.

Hello everyone!
I've been reading and following the steps on this amazing guide for days, and so far I've been able to get 10.11 installed and booting off the SSD. Currently have full 3200x1800 resolution, but can't get the QE/CI working.

I tried to download Kashaf's CLOVER zip from the following link but it's not working. This is the link kashaf posted when he was missing his OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi file.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1KEQr8QDTjTQlNyRUdDMlBUX0E/view?pref=2&pli=1

Kashaf, would you please upload it again somewhere else?
Would anyone please upload their CLOVER folder?

RehabMan, thank you very much for all your help!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back