Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9530 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

Here is my IOReg. I will try to check my log files immediately after a random restart. Thank you for your help, and happy new year :)

Edit: Left it alone for a bit.. Came back to the screen in the attached picture. Attached system.log as well. From the apple report:
Code:
Date/Time:       2015-01-01 17:04:13 -0800
OS Version:      10.10.1 (Build 14B25)
Architecture:    x86_64h
Report Version:  21

Event:           Sleep Wake Failure
Steps:           1

Hardware model:  MacBookPro11,2
Active cpus:     8

================================================================
Code: 0x2014006900                                                                                
Model: MacBookPro11,2, BootROM MBP112.0138.B02, 4 processors, Intel Core i7, 2.19 GHz, 16 GB, SMC 2.13f9
Graphics: Intel HD 4600, Intel HD 4600, Built-In
Memory Module: BANK0/DIMM0, 8 GB, DDR3, 1600 MHz, Kingston, KN2M64-HYAFD
Memory Module: BANK1/DIMM0, 8 GB, DDR3, 1600 MHz, Micron Technology, 16KTF1G64HZ-1G6E1E1
Network Service: NETGEAR WNA3100M, Ethernet, en1
Serial ATA Device: SAMSUNG SSD SM841 mSATA 512GB, 512.11 GB
USB Device: ONEv2
USB Device: NETGEAR WNA3100M
USB Device: Bluetooth USB Host Controller
USB Device: Integrated_Webcam_HD
USB Device: Synaptics Large Touch Screen
Thunderbolt Bus:

Could be USB WiFi. Try without it.

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

Chipping in with Rehabman.

Try and disconnect all USB devices, keep strictly to the laptop as standard.
Then see is the problem is still there.

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

Oh wow, Sleep does indeed work without my USB wifi! I should have considered that... Thank you!

However: The Broadcom BCM94352Z is not available anywhere.. will any variation of BCM94352* work? Will this BCM94352HMB (from amazon) work?

I suppose my NullEthernet driver must also not be working properly because I can't use the App Store.

I am also still curious about how to change the touchpad so that the right side of it no longer acts as right click. RehabMan, it looks like I have a Synaptics touchpad. As well, I would like the top row of keys to work without holding the Fn key. Are these possible?

edit: Ah, there is a "Function Key Behavior" option in the BIOS.. so now I just need to get rid of right click on the trackpad. In the windows driver, I simply assign the Right click "button" to a Left click, and enable two-finger right click.

Edit2: Some bad news... it seems that any USB device brings back the problem. Not just the USB Wifi. I've experienced it now with just a USB mouse, USB audio interface and a USB midi keyboard (separately). At one point it restarted upon plugging in a USB midi keyboard, but I've yet to repeat that twice.

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

Personnaly, i hav'nt got my brodcom... one week later, my command is still "pending" :evil: I use my Galaxy S4 with a USB cable to connect or a usb/ethernet adaptator.

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

Just now I committed an update to the XPS9530 repository.

Note it is best to backup your current working Clover installation, so that you can revert in case of problems.

There is now a new kext FakePCIID in the Clover kext folder, this fakes the built-in Intel HD4600 mobile as Intel HD4600 desktop.

Existing users need to re-patch and compile their DSDTs.

Code:
./XPS-9530.sh --decompile-dsdt
./XPS-9530.sh --patch-dsdt
./XPS-9530.sh --compile-dsdt

Afterwards apply the updated Clover changes carefully!

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

I found few problems with kext above
first - scrensaver doesn't work (arabesque and shell) - crash whet trying to open
second - preview (picture) crash
otherwise - with gfxbench it seams much faster
btw:

When use link to download 9530XPS,external folder is empty,downloaded from github directly.

With fresh instalation I had to wait almost 15 min or more to login after boot .So restart,install once again and I patched framework kit immediately,with first boot, no need to wait.

This tutorial is really good,thanks Dark Void.

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

I found few problems with kext above
first - scrensaver doesn't work (arabesque and shell) - crash whet trying to open
second - preview (picture) crash
otherwise - with gfxbench it seams much faster
btw:

When use link to download 9530XPS,external folder is empty,downloaded from github directly.

With fresh instalation I had to wait almost 15 min or more to login after boot .So restart,install once again and I patched framework kit immediately,with first boot, no need to wait.

This tutorial is really good,thanks Dark Void.

Did you restore the OpenCL dylib to vanilla?

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

I doubt it, script still allows to patch it. I will remove that soon (also from the instructions).

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

Bad news: be careful, DO NOT buy the brodcom to this online shop

http://www.offerany.com/p-38191631476.html

8 days that my payement has been done and the command is still in "pending" status. After a quick mail, i received this answer: "I am sorry to tell this product you ordered has been sold out, so, would you like to change to another product?"

I replied i don't want another product but i just want my money back !

And... nothing, no response !

:twisted::twisted::twisted:

Becareful, don't buy it to this adress...

So, do you know if it exist a USB-Wifi Stik adaptator that work on Yosemite ? ? It should be a great solution for me. I can't fin any stik solution that work on yosemite :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back