Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 15 9560 MacOS 10.14.1 (all models)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should point out to you guys that the latest release of VoodooI2C supports Mojave and works really well with native gestures on this laptop.

Which files did you use? I just did a quick test and it didn't do anything for me, but I might have just done something wrong. I'll update the guide if I can get it working

I am new to hackintosh, Where I can find a beginner guide for installing it on my Dell XPS 15 9560?

I am new to hackintosh, Where I can find a beginner guide for installing it on my Dell XPS 15 9560?

>Beginner guide

What part about this guide don't you understand? I can try to amend it to make it easier but I feel like if you don't understand on the level in which I wrote it, you should probably get more familiar with the terms and stuff before attempting an install.

Great guide! I've been trying to install High Sierra on this very machine but decided to screw it and just install Mojave, as your guide was right there. The only correction I would make to it is I added rehab man's USBInject kext to get the USB ports to work. Everything seems great now except for anything related to graphics. I can't boot unless I use a fake ID number, and backlight controls aren't working - there aren't any options in System Prefs under "Displays" either. Any idea why?? I've been told previously it's from an improperly patched ACPI. I do have a Samsung SSD, but would that really be the only thing standing in the way of booting it properly? Problem reporting files attached.

Attachments

• debug_29404.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 81
Great guide! I've been trying to install High Sierra on this very machine but decided to screw it and just install Mojave, as your guide was right there. The only correction I would make to it is I added rehab man's USBInject kext to get the USB ports to work. Everything seems great now except for anything related to graphics. I can't boot unless I use a fake ID number, and backlight controls aren't working - there aren't any options in System Prefs under "Displays" either. Any idea why?? I've been told previously it's from an improperly patched ACPI. I do have a Samsung SSD, but would that really be the only thing standing in the way of booting it properly? Problem reporting files attached.

No expectation of working graphics/backlight control with invalid ig-platform-id.

No expectation of working graphics/backlight control with invalid ig-platform-id.
Every time I boot with a valid number I get a black screen. I’m guessing a KP is occurring. I have no idea why.

Every time I boot with a valid number I get a black screen. I’m guessing a KP is occurring. I have no idea why.

Did you set DVMT-prealloc to 64mb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back