Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 15 9560 MacOS 10.14.1 (all models)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure you have the “-wegbeta” bootflag enabled. That is how the issue was solved for me.

If you're running the current WhateverGreen.kext (and Lilu.kext), there is no need for any 'beta' kernel flags.

If you're running the current WhateverGreen.kext (and Lilu.kext), there is no need for any 'beta' kernel flags.

I know there shouldn't be, but I had the same issue previously on the latest kexts (except whateverGreen was 1.2.2 and not 1.2.3, but it looks like it there were only minor changes anyways) and adding the beta flag fixed it for me. Maybe it was just coincidence but I won't argue with the results.

I know there shouldn't be, but I had the same issue previously on the latest kexts (except whateverGreen was 1.2.2 and not 1.2.3, but it looks like it there were only minor changes anyways) and adding the beta flag fixed it for me. Maybe it was just coincidence but I won't argue with the results.

It just means that when you needed beta flags you were not running the versions intended for Mojave, that's all.
You will run into the same next year with 10.15.

So I figured out most of my issues. macOS now boots, I can get to the desktop. Turns out that if you are on Intel HD 630 that your ig-platform-id has to be changed to 0x59120000.

The only other issues I have is my DW1560 not working and it won't sleep when I close the lid.
Can you share your EFI folder? I have a 4K screen and also the DW1560, would like to try it.

Can you share your EFI folder? I have a 4K screen and also the DW1560, would like to try it.

If you just add "-cdfon" to the bootflag section in your config then everything else in my files should work.

EDIT: I added a new efi folder for 4k screen in my original post, just use that. No need to add the flag now!

Last edited:
If you just add "-cdfon" to the bootflag section in your config then everything else in my files should work.

EDIT: I added a new efi folder for 4k screen in my original post, just use that. No need to add the flag now!
Also the FakeId. That’s needed to boot.

Also, I think this card is dead which is depressing because I really just want this to be working.

Last edited:
I should point out to you guys that the latest release of VoodooI2C supports Mojave and works really well with native gestures on this laptop.

If I install the applebacklightinjector.kext the brightness keys dont work.

But if I remove the applebacklightinjector.kext the brightness keys work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back