Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 15 9560 MacOS 10.14.1 (all models)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The “CLOVER” folder goes directly in your efi partition
Hmm...that's what I thought. When I try to boot the macOS installer from the Clover menu, I get the Apple logo and a loading bar, but after a couple minutes it simply errors out to a circle with a line through icon. I'm clearly doing something wrong!

The “CLOVER” folder goes directly in your efi partition

Actually, the Clover folder goes inside the EFI folder on the EFI partition.
If EFI was mounted as EFI (often it is also mounted as ESP), the full path would be:
/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER, so config.plist is at
/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist, or for ESP naming (eg. after using the Clover installer when EFI wasn't mounted previously), it would be /Volumes/ESP/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist.

Hmm...that's what I thought. When I try to boot the macOS installer from the Clover menu, I get the Apple logo and a loading bar, but after a couple minutes it simply errors out to a circle with a line through icon. I'm clearly doing something wrong!
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Actually, the Clover folder goes inside the EFI folder on the EFI partition.
If EFI was mounted as EFI (often it is also mounted as ESP), the full path would be:
/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER, so config.plist is at
/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist, or for ESP naming (eg. after using the Clover installer when EFI wasn't mounted previously), it would be /Volumes/ESP/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist.
You're correct, it's been a long day for me haha. Thank you.

Hmm, that’s the same WiFi card I have, so my Config should have worked for you off the bat. Did you uninstall the Broadcom Kexts that I included in the download? Those are necessary for the system to recognize the card.

Also, I’ll try to update the config with that device id in the hopes of minimizing future issues for people. Thanks!
So I'm just trying to dot my I's and cross my t's but it looks like even my bios isn't recognizing my wifi card. Is that normal? It just shows as {none}. If I were to wager I'm going to say it's not. So I'm leaning to the fact that the card is faulty but do you have any ideas? I'm just trying to figure out what it would possibly be.

So I'm just trying to dot my I's and cross my t's but it looks like even my bios isn't recognizing my wifi card. Is that normal?
I think I read somewhere that some chips are not supported anymore. Other than that you could try to update the cache and restart 1-2 times.

Thanks for this guide everything is working great apart from external monitor. Whenever I connect external monitor to HDMI port the laptop reboots. Any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks for this guide everything is working great apart from external monitor. Whenever I connect external monitor to HDMI port the laptop reboots. Any ideas on how to fix?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Make sure you have the “-wegbeta” bootflag enabled. That is how the issue was solved for me.

So I'm just trying to dot my I's and cross my t's but it looks like even my bios isn't recognizing my wifi card. Is that normal? It just shows as {none}. If I were to wager I'm going to say it's not. So I'm leaning to the fact that the card is faulty but do you have any ideas? I'm just trying to figure out what it would possibly be.

It could be just seated incorrectly/a wire popped loose when closing the case. I would check your hardware connections and if they’re tight it’s probably a faulty card.

Have you tried booting Linux or windows and seeing if the card is recognized there either?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back