Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9343 Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not fixed.
One of the most important details is missing... screen resolution.
Hmm it was in other hardware, I'll put it under graphics as well, my bad

Hmm it was in other hardware, I'll put it under graphics as well, my bad

Your profile shows you have a UHD screen.
Keep in mind that UHD requires you patch the CoreDisplay framework to defeat the pixel clock limitation.
Details are in the laptop FAQ.

Your profile shows you have a UHD screen.
Keep in mind that UHD requires you patch the CoreDisplay framework to defeat the pixel clock limitation.
Details are in the laptop FAQ.
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it RehabMan

Hi! I have installed Mac OS 10.12.5 on my Dell XPS 13 9343 QuadHD, i5. Everything works except the sleep function. When I close the laptops lid nothing happens. Can you help me with this?

I've attached everything. So my problem still exists. When I close the lid nothing happens, the computer doesnt go to sleep at all.

Attachments

• StormeeeDellXPS13.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 94
I've attached everything. So my problem still exists. When I close the lid nothing happens, the computer doesnt go to sleep at all.

Problems:
- your ioreg shows SMBIOS truncation (forgot config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/DellSMBIOSPatch=true)
- power management not implemented
- backlight control not implemented correctly
- IGPU power management not implemented (ACPI not patched correctly for GFX0->IGPU rename)
- USB not implemented correctly
- HECI should be renamed to IMEI
- ACPI not patched correctly (I checked only for "OS Check Fix" patch being applied... didn't find it... didn't check anything else)

Review the FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Hi, I have installed 10.12 using guide from post #1 except trackpad prefpane and I got Wifi, sound, and graphic on QHD working fine. Then I tried to add some kexts and dsdt from post #25 + replace the VoodooPS2Controller with the latest one at Rehabman's bitbucket and got bluetooth, brightness, and touchscreen working. The touchpad menu on system preferences is now working but the gesture is not.

But then I restarted the laptop, and I can't boot (crossed circle at apple logo), then I restarted with verbose and this time it succeeded boot to the desktop (I don't do anything besides add -v). The problem is now the bluetooth, touchscreen, and USB mouse is not working. I thought my USB is not working as one of my USB flashdisk is not detected, but I noticed that the other flashdisk is detected by the system (USB3.0).

I've tried to fix it by re-installed the macOS, redo all the steps and got it working again. But then it happened again, tried to change the kexts and dsdt -> the problem is fixed -> but after several restart / shutdown, it happened again. It seems to appeared on random occasion as not all the restart produced same behavior. Is there anything I missed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back