Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9343 Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of questions:

1. When at the UEFI SHELL are the command arguments for setup_var literally 0x183 0x3, or are these arguments dependent on my machine? If that is the case then I am stuck on the BIOS DVMT pre-alloc tutorial as I have no way of getting the .bin from the .exe from the dell website. UEFITools application will not except a .exe as input. I have the wifi and sound working but graphics are not recognized nor working fully.
  2. Is it required to always boot from the usb drive with the dell laptop? Even after installing OS X I cannot boot from the laptop hard drive.
  3. Lastly, my version of the laptop is the i5 model with a 1080 resolution screen. Could this be part of the problem with my graphics?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A couple of questions:

1. When at the UEFI SHELL are the command arguments for setup_var literally 0x183 0x3, or are these arguments dependent on my machine? If that is the case then I am stuck on the BIOS DVMT pre-alloc tutorial as I have no way of getting the .bin from the .exe from the dell website. UEFITools application will not except a .exe as input. I have the wifi and sound working but graphics are not recognized nor working fully.
  2. Is it required to always boot from the usb drive with the dell laptop? Even after installing OS X I cannot boot from the laptop hard drive.
  3. Lastly, my version of the laptop is the i5 model with a 1080 resolution screen. Could this be part of the problem with my graphics?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Your profile/signature does not indicate you even have a laptop...
Please fix, as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

After entering setup_var 0x183 0x3 I get the following shown on the attached picture. I am just trying to figure out why my graphics are not fully working. Everything other than the trackpad seems to good.

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 185
After entering setup_var 0x183 0x3 I get the following shown on the attached picture. I am just trying to figure out why my graphics are not fully working. Everything other than the trackpad seems to good.

Looks like success in setting 0x183 to 0x03.

Hi everyone:

Am stucked before to load the sierra setup, i have completed step 0 and step 1. In step 2 (installation) i use the clover folder attached in post #1, i set inject intel = false in the config.plist but i get stucked here:

error.jpg

Any idea of what is going on? i don't know what i have missed

Pd: sorry about my english :)

Hi everyone:

Am stucked before to load the sierra setup, i have completed step 0 and step 1. In step 2 (installation) i use the clover folder attached in post #1, i set inject intel = false in the config.plist but i get stucked here:

View attachment 248308

Any idea of what is going on? i don't know what i have missed

Pd: sorry about my english :)

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Make sure you fill out your profile as per FAQ/guide (several important details are missing right now).

Hi all,
Firstly thank you this is a great guide! I have Sierra (10.12.4) up and running and its beautiful. I'm having issues with the trackpad and lcd brightness; apologies if I've missed something small as this is my first attempt at a hackintosh.

There are a number of guides on brightness and I've tried a few but I can't get it working. I also tried the prefpane trackpad patch but it fails to load. I then updated to org.voodoo.driver.VoodooHDA (2.8.7) and although the trackpad works I can't get gestures to work. After two days of tinkering I figured I should ask for help so I've attached the required output. Thanks in advance!

Tim

Attachments

• sys-info.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 93
Hi all,
Firstly thank you this is a great guide! I have Sierra (10.12.4) up and running and its beautiful. I'm having issues with the trackpad and lcd brightness; apologies if I've missed something small as this is my first attempt at a hackintosh.

There are a number of guides on brightness and I've tried a few but I can't get it working. I also tried the prefpane trackpad patch but it fails to load. I then updated to org.voodoo.driver.VoodooHDA (2.8.7) and although the trackpad works I can't get gestures to work. After two days of tinkering I figured I should ask for help so I've attached the required output. Thanks in advance!

Tim
trackpad:
update your voodoops2controller to latest version https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-voodoo-ps2-controller/downloads/

new guide for brightness:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back