Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9343 Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks for the quick response. I did try that brightness guide and couldn't get it working. I checked it again and realised I missed GFX0 -> IGPU. Brightness works, so thank you!

I am running the latest Voodoo-PS2 kext and did try that guide twice without success. `kextstat | grep PS2` outputs version 1.8.25 for PS2Trackpad and I can open the pref's page in settings, but many of the settings don't work. For example, if I click 'tap to click' the checkbox automatically un-checks, and none of the gestures work. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the quick response. I did try that brightness guide and couldn't get it working. I checked it again and realised I missed GFX0 -> IGPU. Brightness works, so thank you!

I am running the latest Voodoo-PS2 kext and did try that guide twice without success. `kextstat | grep PS2` outputs version 1.8.25 for PS2Trackpad and I can open the pref's page in settings, but many of the settings don't work. For example, if I click 'tap to click' the checkbox automatically un-checks, and none of the gestures work. Any suggestions?

Make sure you undo whatever damage you did to the Trackpad prefpane (because of bad advice in post #1).

Make sure you undo whatever damage you did to the Trackpad prefpane (because of bad advice in post #1).

Seems to be working now thank you! Three finger gestures map to CMD+^+up/down/left/right. Is that expected?

Is it possible to get the camera/sdcard reader working without manually decompiling/compiling dsdts and ssdts? Also, should bluetooth be working?

Is it possible to get the camera/sdcard reader working without manually decompiling/compiling dsdts and ssdts? Also, should bluetooth be working?

lol no. dsdt/ssdt is pretty essential. and yes, bt can work if you patch it correctly.

For those running XPS 13 9343 with i5-5200 and non-touch screen, do you have camera working all the time? Mine works the first time after every reboot or wake-up.

The webcam on my machine has Product ID 0x670c and Vendor ID 0x0c45 (Sonix Technology Co., Ltd.). It does not have a serial number, which is known to have issue with macOS. Just wonder if any of you have it working and can share some tip, or even am IoReg file for me to compare. Thanks in advance.

I have moved on from my Dell XPS 13 9350 and have a Dell DW1560 (Broadcom-BCM94352Z) 802-11ac WiFi/Bluetooth 4.0
card available. PM me if you need one.

I am running into some issues installing Sierra on my 9343.

When using the provided EFI folder (instead of the one created by uni beast) booting into macOS results in it hanging with a spinning wheel when the bar is around 9/10 of the way done, Intel Inject was off.

If I don't use the provided EFI folder I can boot into macOS and install, but Wifi, Bluetooth, Touchpad, and the Keyboard do not work (used usb keyboard and touch screen to navigate). I tried applying the kexts from the EFI folder on a separate USB, but nothing seemed to change (They seemed to apply just fine). Also, the scaling seems to be off, everything was very small (not sure if its supposed to be like this).

I made my USB Key in a VM, I will try using an actual laptop later today.

Steps I took:
1. Created USB Key (did not replace EFI folder on USB Key)
2. Downgraded to A07 bios
2. Did the DVMT steps outlined in this guide (only did setup_var 0x183 0x3)
3. Booted into Clover, disabled Intel Injector, booted into macOS, installed macOS
4. Put the provided EFI folder on another usb and applied them, didn't seem to change anything.
5. Rebooted, no Intel Inject
7. Did the Graphic Patch step (didn't seem to change anything)
8. Restarted with Intel Inject, some graphical glitches at login, Wifi, Trackpad, Keyboard, Bluetooth still not working.
9. Tried the prefpane trackpad fix, could not find the original prefpane file even when enabling hidden files, still tried copying the file over, didn't work after a reboot.

Here's clover after launching with the verbose flag, using kajkac's EFI folder: http://imgur.com/a/4iEJI

If anyone can help out that would be awesome, thanks! I hope I'm not missing something obvious...

Last edited:
I am running into some issues installing Sierra on my 9343.

When using the provided EFI folder (instead of the one created by uni beast) booting into macOS results in it hanging with a spinning wheel when the bar is around 9/10 of the way done, Intel Inject was off.

If I don't use the provided EFI folder I can boot into macOS and install, but Wifi, Bluetooth, Touchpad, and the Keyboard do not work (used usb keyboard and touch screen to navigate). I tried applying the kexts from the EFI folder on a separate USB, but nothing seemed to change (They seemed to apply just fine). Also, the scaling seems to be off, everything was very small (not sure if its supposed to be like this).

I made my USB Key in a VM, I will try using an actual laptop later today.

Steps I took:
1. Created USB Key (did not replace EFI folder on USB Key)
2. Downgraded to A07 bios
2. Did the DVMT steps outlined in this guide (only did setup_var 0x183 0x3)
3. Booted into Clover, disabled Intel Injector, booted into macOS, installed macOS
4. Put the provided EFI folder on another usb and applied them, didn't seem to change anything.
5. Rebooted, no Intel Inject
7. Did the Graphic Patch step (didn't seem to change anything)
8. Restarted with Intel Inject, some graphical glitches at login, Wifi, Trackpad, Keyboard, Bluetooth still not working.
9. Tried the prefpane trackpad fix, could not find the original prefpane file even when enabling hidden files, still tried copying the file over, didn't work after a reboot.

Here's clover launching with the verbose flag: http://imgur.com/a/4iEJI

If anyone can help out that would be awesome, thanks! I hope I'm not missing something obvious...

Your profile has no hardware details.
Please fix as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back