Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9343 Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I really appreciate your work. However, I am unable to boot into Mac OS.

Steps:
1- Downloaded Sierra. Used Unibeast (7.0.1) for UEFI boot on an empty 16GB USB (formatted to HFS+ with GUID partition) which created the EFI and other install partition. Disabled Intel Graphics injection.
2- Replaced the EFI folder with your EFI zipped folder (unzipped of course).
3- Renamed the two files.
4- Created a 60GB HFS+ partition on the SSD drive.
5- Enabled Legacy boot and set it to default. Disabled virtualization, secure boot and c-state.
6- Booted into UEFI.
7- Went into GRUB and successfully issued `setup_var 0x183 0x3` twice.
8- From the options, disabled Intel Graphics Injection again.
9- Booted into Mac from USB with -v boot option.
10- Without -v the progress bar gets to 80-90% and gets stuck. With -v, the screenshot is attached. The cursor shows which I can use using an external mouse. The cursor disappears after first click.

I have done steps 7-9 multiple times. Sometimes it just fails when it starts booting.

Any idea what I did wrong?

IMG_3219.JPG

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Hi, I really appreciate your work. However, I am unable to boot into Mac OS.

Steps:
1- Downloaded Sierra. Used Unibeast (7.0.1) for UEFI boot on an empty 16GB USB (formatted to HFS+ with GUID partition) which created the EFI and other install partition. Disabled Intel Graphics injection.
2- Replaced the EFI folder with your EFI zipped folder (unzipped of course).
3- Renamed the two files.
4- Created a 60GB HFS+ partition on the SSD drive.
5- Enabled Legacy boot and set it to default. Disabled virtualization, secure boot and c-state.
6- Booted into UEFI.
7- Went into GRUB and successfully issued `setup_var 0x183 0x3` twice.
8- From the options, disabled Intel Graphics Injection again.
9- Booted into Mac from USB with -v boot option.
10- Without -v the progress bar gets to 80-90% and gets stuck. With -v, the screenshot is attached. The cursor shows which I can use using an external mouse. The cursor disappears after first click.

I have done steps 7-9 multiple times. Sometimes it just fails when it starts booting.

Any idea what I did wrong?

View attachment 264684

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Keep in mind you cannot expect to boot without an invalid ig-platform-id if you have not yet patched for the pixel clock limit (see FAQ for details).

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Keep in mind you cannot expect to boot without an invalid ig-platform-id if you have not yet patched for the pixel clock limit (see FAQ for details).

The previous post has been updated to attach clover.zip. As I understood that the kexts and clover options are all included in your clover EFI folder, so I can use Unibeast directly without having to go through clover configuration.

Is the pixel clock limit issue causing the gIOScreenLockState? I just want to go past this issue right now.

How can I patch the pixel clock limit if I still haven't booted at least once? The shell file should run on a Mac machine, not on the Linux machine I have. Should I use an invalid ig-platform-id? (This is my first hackintosh, so please bear with me :rolleyes:)

Last edited:
The previous post has been updated to attach clover.zip. As I understood that the kexts and clover options are all included in your clover EFI folder, so I can use Unibeast directly without having to go through clover configuration.

Is the pixel clock limit issue causing the gIOScreenLockState? I just want to go past this issue right now.

How can I patch the pixel clock limit if I still haven't booted at least once? The shell file should run on a Mac machine, not on the Linux machine I have. Should I use an invalid ig-platform-id? (This is my first hackintosh, so please bear with me :rolleyes:)

Simple: Use an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678) to boot. Patch for pixel clock. Reboot with valid ig-platform-id.

Simple: Use an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678) to boot. Patch for pixel clock. Reboot with valid ig-platform-id.

How long should the boot process take? The contents were copied to my USB in under 30 minutes. I am still getting stuck at the same point. I'll keep it running for 2 hours.

Define "it".

"it": Boot process
"same point": "IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs0, bs0, now 0, sm 0x0".
"stuck": As in this line stays the last line indefinitely. The loading cursor keeps on spinning until (I believe) the laptop sleeps, where the cursor stops spinning but nothing else changes on the screen (all text still visible). If I left click on the mouse again, the loading cursor goes back to spinning.

1- Any ideas?
2- Should it boot in 10 minutes or is it copying the whole USB contents so it will take much more time?

Clover is attached with these changes: 0x12345678 ig-platform-id, inject intel disabled (just for booting right now).
Screenshot of where the boot process is stuck.

Appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_2298.JPG
    IMG_2298.JPG
    812.8 KB · Views: 84
  • CLOVER.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 80
"it": Boot process
"same point": "IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs0, bs0, now 0, sm 0x0".
"stuck": As in this line stays the last line indefinitely. The loading cursor keeps on spinning until (I believe) the laptop sleeps, where the cursor stops spinning but nothing else changes on the screen (all text still visible). If I left click on the mouse again, the loading cursor goes back to spinning.

1- Any ideas?
2- Should it boot in 10 minutes or is it copying the whole USB contents so it will take much more time?

Clover is attached with these changes: 0x12345678 ig-platform-id, inject intel disabled (just for booting right now).
Screenshot of where the boot process is stuck.

Appreciated.

config.plist/Graphics/ig-platform-id has no effect without config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=true.
You have Inject/Intel=false.

config.plist/Graphics/ig-platform-id has no effect without config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=true.
You have Inject/Intel=false.

Thanks. Tried that as well. No difference from previous screenshots. Still stops at IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs0, bs0, now 0, sm 0x0.

Any other tricks up your sleeve? Any way to debug even more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back