Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 5559 El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohh yeah, that's probably the culprit. I'm planning on using it for some light photoshop and wordpress work for my uni. Hopefully it wont let me down :)

I have a desktop to do the heavier work and gaming. Btw thanks for all your feedback, I'll be following your guide once I get my laptop and will post the results :D
Yeah, light photoshop will work, and wordpress should work (that would be shameful if it didn't).

Yeah, light photoshop will work, and wordpress should work (that would be shameful if it didn't).
Fingers Crossed, Btw one question.. can I use Unibeast to set up the installation USB? Or do I have to use the USB installer guide? Cause that looks kind of complicated.

Also if I have to use the guide, do I create the drive using MBR option or GPT? Thanks in advance for the help :)

Fingers Crossed, Btw one question.. can I use Unibeast to set up the installation USB? Or do I have to use the USB installer guide? Cause that looks kind of complicated.

Also if I have to use the guide, do I create the drive using MBR option or GPT? Thanks in advance for the help :)
I personally recommend the USB Installer guide. It will work much better than unibeast.

I personally recommend the USB Installer guide. It will work much better than unibeast.
Got it :) I've always used UniBeast, but I'll use the guide this time, just that it looks awfully complicated. Good to know that you're here if I can't figure anything out.

Btw I just got my Broadcom Wifi card today, Will update you on that as well when I get my laptop :) Cheers!

Which 15 i5559 do you have?

I have a 15 i559 3347SLV finally running El Capitan 10.11.6.

I got my graphics to work too. Some slight artifacting around the top menu.

As for the wifi, I'm actually using an Asus N13-USB, which works well for my purpose. Albeit, I want to have all my USB ports available.

Which 15 i5559 do you have?

I have a 15 i559 3347SLV finally running El Capitan 10.11.6.

I got my graphics to work too. Some slight artifacting around the top menu.

As for the wifi, I'm actually using an Asus N13-USB, which works well for my purpose. Albeit, I want to have all my USB ports available.
Hey that is great news! Did you follow the guide here? Anything I should be aware of additionally? Please let me know :)

I have this model, Dell Inspiron 15 i5559-4682SLV Signature Edition. I will try the installation tomorrow and provide an update on the status, I have the Broadcom Wifi Card as well, so I will let you know on that too.

I had to use Rehab's SATA unknown injector kext for the Intel Series 10 SATA Controller in Clover. Otherwise, the installer would not see any of my drives.

I am using InjectIntel with ig-platform-id = 0x19160000 for my graphics. El Capitan shows me Intel HD 520 1536MB.

Youtube videos play perfectly within Safari. Amazingly, I even can do Airplay mirroring (albeit with artifacts) to my Apple TV 3.

For my integrated NIC, i'm using Mieze's RTL810x drivers. I had to remove my network plist and remove all my network connections in System Preferences (to reset the NIC to en0). That let me connect to the App Store and iCloud. :)

Last edited:
I had to use Rehab's SATA unknown injector kext for the Intel Series 10 SATA Controller in Clover. Otherwise, the installer would not see any of my drives.

I am using InjectIntel with ig-platform-id = 0x19160000 for my graphics. El Capitan shows me Intel HD 520 1536MB.

Youtube videos play perfectly within Safari. Amazingly, I even can do Airplay mirroring (albeit with artifacts) to my Apple TV 3.

For my integrated NIC, i'm using Mieze's RTL810x drivers. I had to remove my network plist and remove all my network connections in System Preferences (to reset the NIC to en0). That let me connect to the App Store and iCloud. :)
So I started installing OSX, and I've already encountered an error USBMSC identifier (Non-unique) error. Please refer to the screenshot attached. Did you encounter this? Any idea how I can resolve this? Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• IMG_20160922_204205.jpg
    IMG_20160922_204205.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 127
  • IMG_20160922_204225_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160922_204225_HDR.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 136
So I started installing OSX, and I've already encountered an error USBMSC identifier (Non-unique) error. Please refer to the screenshot attached. Did you encounter this? Any idea how I can resolve this? Thanks in advance :)

'Still waiting for root device' when booting the installer from USB indicates a USB problem.

Try all USB ports both with USB2 and USB3 sticks.

Also, see USB guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back