Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
My first hackintosh, therefore my first guide!
I've had this system hackintoshed for quite a while now. Note: I was half asleep making this, so it might have slight grammatical/spelling errors
Specs:
i5 6200, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Intel HD 520.
Price: ~$500 USD

What works:
  • Keyboard
  • Trackpad
  • Wifi (need to grab a specific card HERE or HERE)
  • Bluetooth OOB
  • USB 3 & 2
  • Ethernet
  • Disc Drive
  • Graphics acceleration
  • Web Camera
  • Battery Stuff
  • Audio (Apple HDA must go though)
What doesn't work:
  • SD Card Reader (trying to get it working)
  • Wifi OOB
Now onto the guide:

STEP 0. YOU MUST COMPLETE USB INSTALLER SET UP FROM HERE
  1. Prepare El Capitan Clover USB via the El Capitan laptop guide
  2. Use Clover Configurator on existing Mac/Hack and do the following:
  • mount EFI partition
  • add unsupported 100 series sata kext from laptop guide to EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/Other/.
  • Grab the PS2 Kext from the laptop guide and put it in with the kext above.
  • Make sure FakeSMC.kext is in there!
  • Grab HFSPlus.efi from the laptop guide, and move it to EFI/CLOVER/Drivers64UEFI/ or what ever it is called.
Installation:
  1. Boot Clover and start the OS X installation process.
  2. Reboot when it finishes. Boot Clover again and boot from the HDD install.
  3. Let phase 2 finish. Then reboot back onto USB Clover and boot HDD install, set up your user and you are done!
  • NOTE: If you get to phase 2 and it says something about failing to unmount for repair, restart from step 1 on installation, when you reboot to phase 2, return to the USB installer and make a small 10-ish GB partition to boot OS X from, copy the HDD install to the new partition, then boot that partition. Feel free to delete it once it is done.
Post Install Goodies:

On-Board/Headphone Jack Audio:
  1. Move (NOT COPY) AppleHDA.kext to a safe backup location.
  2. Run VoodooHDA installer from here
  3. Reboot. It should work now.
Graphics Acceleration:
  1. Load up Clover Configurator and load up your config. Set the ig-platform-id to 19160000, then save your config.
  2. Reboot. The bootlogo will be screwed up after about 3/5 into the boot up, but graphics acceleration works.
  3. Due to the amazing amount of artifacts, set display mode to sRGB in Settings. Your login screen will still look weird, but it fixes itself upon logging in.
Wifi:
  1. COMING SOON! I need money to get this card.

Last edited:
My first hackintosh, therefore my first guide!

Thanks a lot man! I've been looking for this exact guide since I'm trying to buy the same laptop.

Just one question though, do you have the 1080p touchscreen? if so does the touch feature work on OSX?

Thanks a lot man! I've been looking for this exact guide since I'm trying to buy the same laptop.

Just one question though, do you have the 1080p touchscreen? if so does the touch feature work on OSX?
I do not have 1080p nor touchscreen.

I do not have 1080p nor touchscreen.

Thanks for getting back to me. But the guide to follow should still be the same as what you've done right? The other specs are the same. I don't mind not getting the touchscreen to work.

Thanks for getting back to me. But the guide to follow should still be the same as what you've done right? The other specs are the same. I don't mind not getting the touchscreen to work.
Yes. I don't know about touchscreen, but none of the 15 5559s have 1080p and the screen does not seem like a IPS screen at all.

Yes. I don't know about touchscreen, but none of the 15 5559s have 1080p and the screen does not seem like a IPS screen at all.
My configuration comes with a 1080p screen (its i5559). And the screen is not IPS which is a bummer. But are you happy with your laptop in overall? I just ordered mine 2 days before :)

My configuration comes with a 1080p screen (its i5559). And the screen is not IPS which is a bummer. But are you happy with your laptop in overall? I just ordered mine 2 days before :)
Overall I am pleased with my system. It is a good system, but now it isn't powerful enough to do what I want, but it is still a pretty good system.

Overall I am pleased with my system. It is a good system, but now it isn't powerful enough to do what I want, but it is still a pretty good system.

Glad to hear. But what is it not powerful enough to do? What have you tried doing with it that it couldn't handle?

Glad to hear. But what is it not powerful enough to do? What have you tried doing with it that it couldn't handle?
I am talking hardcore compiling. But that would be due to the fact that it is dual core.

I am talking hardcore compiling. But that would be due to the fact that it is dual core.
Ohh yeah, that's probably the culprit. I'm planning on using it for some light photoshop and wordpress work for my uni. Hopefully it wont let me down :)

I have a desktop to do the heavier work and gaming. Btw thanks for all your feedback, I'll be following your guide once I get my laptop and will post the results :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back