Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 5559 El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to fix ownership and inject USB in Clover to get the Installer going.

I also have to use my notebook's USB 3 port and not either of the USB 2 ports.

Last edited:
'Still waiting for root device' when booting the installer from USB indicates a USB problem.

Try all USB ports both with USB2 and USB3 sticks.

Also, see USB guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/
Thanks for the quick reply Rehabman. I've tried multiple USB devices on all my USB ports with 2 separate versions of OSX(10.11.1 & 10.11.3) and I still have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Basically what I do is, follow your guide. Copy HFSPlus. Then FakeSMC, Unsupported 100series SATA and, Voodoo PS2 from your links to Kext and then copy config_520_530_540 from the all configs zip. Am I doing something wrong? Please let me know what I should do next since I'm stumped right now. Thanks in advance.

Btw my specs are
CPU: Dual Core Intel Core i5-6200 2.3Ghz
RAM: 8GB RAM
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 520
Wifi : Broadcom BCM94352Z

I had to fix ownership and inject USB in Clover to get the Installer going.

I also have to use my notebook's USB 3 port and not either of the USB 2 ports.
Thanks for getting back to me. By this you mean tick the USB ownership and Inject USB checkboxes in clover right? Mine are already ticked by default, and I also tried the USB3 port but no luck :(

Any other ideas? What settings did you change in the bios, can you remember?

Thanks for the quick reply Rehabman. I've tried multiple USB devices on all my USB ports with 2 separate versions of OSX(10.11.1 & 10.11.3) and I still have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Why 10.11.1 and 10.11.3?
From where did you download OS X?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

and then copy config_520_530_540 from the all configs zip.

Clover will read only from config.plist. You didn't mention renaming it.

Btw my specs are
CPU: Dual Core Intel Core i5-6200 2.3Ghz
RAM: 8GB RAM
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 520
Wifi : Broadcom BCM94352Z

Hardware specs belong on your profile as requested in the guide.

Why 10.11.1 and 10.11.3?
From where did you download OS X?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

Clover will read only from config.plist. You didn't mention renaming it.

Hardware specs belong on your profile as requested in the guide.
Both OS's were downloaded on a MBP running 10.11.5 and the installer was created there. I can't download El Capitan anymore since Sierra is out now, that is why I'm using the older version.

I did rename the config file and replace the original one in the Clover folder. I also tried creating the installer using UniBeast, still no luck.

And sorry, Included the specs in the sig. Any help is appreciated :)

I'm also using USBInjectAll.kext into CLOVER/Other.
Hmm, I can try that... Can you please provide me a link the that Kext? Thanks.

Both OS's were downloaded on a MBP running 10.11.5 and the installer was created there. I can't download El Capitan anymore since Sierra is out now, that is why I'm using the older version.

If you previously downloaded 10.11 on your appleid, you can still download the latest version from the Purchases tab.

I did rename the config file and replace the original one in the Clover folder. I also tried creating the installer using UniBeast, still no luck.

If you need help... must provide details...

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

If you previously downloaded 10.11 on your appleid, you can still download the latest version from the Purchases tab.

If you need help... must provide details...

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).
I don't think the Installer is the issue, since if I UniBeast it and boot it on my desktop it works fine.

I've attached the Clover folder and the Verbose mode photos below. What do you think? Am I doing something wrong?Thanks again for your help :)

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 90
  • IMG_20160922_204205.jpg
    IMG_20160922_204205.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_20160922_204225_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160922_204225_HDR.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 127
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back