Contribute
Register

(GUIDE) Dell Inspiron 15 7573 - Catalina 10.15.7 - OC 0.6.0 | I7-8550U - 4K - UHD 620 - BEST 100% Simple SETUP

Status
Not open for further replies.
@JianGaming run this command after you force-restart the laptop:

log show --style syslog | fgrep "Wake reason"

…and tell me what the output is. It should give you the particular methods in DSDT that wake the laptop right after it sleeps (that's what's happening).
Can you elaborate on "the output?" I'm not really sure what you mean by there

Can you elaborate on "the output?" I'm not really sure what you mean by there
open terminal and enter:

Code:

then copy and paste the output here

open terminal and enter:

Code:

then copy and paste the output here
I ran the command line in terminal and I got this:

Attachments

• Log.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 32
@Mrgeque

I fixed the weird pink color from my external display. So first, what I did was I used IORegistry to locate the IGPU node. Then under the IGPU node I had to find which AppleIntelFramebuffer connector is driving my display. To find out, I had to find the connector having AppleDisplay properties with display 0 sub node. In my case, it was AppleIntelFramebuffer@1. Then I opened my config.plist with OC configurator and inputted framebuffer-con1-type = 00080000 (this is for HDMI) and framebuffer-con1-enable = 01000000 under DeviceProperties of PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0). I rebooted my laptop and connected to my monitor, and that pinkish color went away. Now my monitor is displaying everything normal.

Until now, I still need support on fixing my sleep issue mentioned on the posts above. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
framebuffer-con1-type = 00080000 (this is for HDMI) and framebuffer-con1-enable = 01000000 under DeviceProperties of PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0). should've been in your config from start since the config.plist in this guide already have those values input. glad you got it worked out

@Mrgeque

Btw I'm still not sure which support WiFi card should I buy. I'm trying to aim for a one less than $20, so do you have any suggestions?

@Mrgeque @Feartech @navaira @sebasinparis

The same issue happened again last night. The CPU fan began running around 2 in the morning but luckily I was awake at that time to find out what was going on. Once again, the system became completely frozen and I had to hold the power button again to turn it off. I couldn't record down the log but I copied the output from the command
Code:
Take a look.

Edit: Okay so I found the Kernel panic log from my system. Take a look at that one as well. It's a bit messy but it starts stating the error towards the end. Please help out. Thank you

I also provided my EFI folder if there needs to be any changes.

Attachments

• Log.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Kernel_2020-11-28-110921_Jians-MacBook-Pro.panic.zip
    8.2 KB · Views: 30
  • EFI.zip
    74.1 MB · Views: 138
Last edited:
not sure why you are using airport kext if you do not have compatible hardware installed. try removing SSDT-EXT1- and SSDT-PrtSc=F13 since they aren't needed. And you have bunch of bootargs that are not necessary for this platform. what bios version are you using?

@Mrgeque

Btw I'm still not sure which support WiFi card should I buy. I'm trying to aim for a one less than $20, so do you have any suggestions?
I don't know of one less than $20 but for around $50 you can get one of these

BCM94360NG 802.11ac Bluetooth 4.0 WiFi Card​

completely plug n play. I haven't received mine yet to test but it'll be here in a few days. ill update once I have it in hand

I don't know of one less than $20 but for around $50 you can get one of these

BCM94360NG 802.11ac Bluetooth 4.0 WiFi Card​

completely plug n play. I haven't received mine yet to test but it'll be here in a few days. ill update once I have it in hand

I got mine today and installed it - It works like a charm (BT and wifi). You'll want to remove AirportBrcmFixup.kext, BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext, and BrcmPatchRAM3.kext from your package. Totally worth the $50.

I got mine today and installed it - It works like a charm (BT and wifi). You'll want to remove AirportBrcmFixup.kext, BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext, and BrcmPatchRAM3.kext from your package. Totally worth the $50.
does unlock with Apple Watch work 100 percent of time? if you have an Apple Watch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back