Contribute
Register

(GUIDE) Dell Inspiron 15 7573 - Catalina 10.15.7 - OC 0.6.0 | I7-8550U - 4K - UHD 620 - BEST 100% Simple SETUP

Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure why you are using airport kext if you do not have compatible hardware installed. try removing SSDT-EXT1- and SSDT-PrtSc=F13 since they aren't needed. And you have bunch of bootargs that are not necessary for this platform. what bios version are you using?
I removed the two SSDT and the airport kexts. My bios version is 1.1.7 and which bootargs should I remove?

Last edited:
I removed the two SSDT and the airport kexts. My bios version is 1.1.7 and which bootargs should I remove?
try ONLY USING -igfxtypec, -cdfon, alc-verbs=1, igfxonln=1, and -igfxlspcon.

try ONLY USING -igfxtypec, -cdfon, alc-verbs=1, igfxonln=1, and -igfxlspcon.
Okay I removed all the other bootargs but I don't think it did anything to the sleep wake issue though

@Mrgeque

Also, do you think a dell dw 1820a WiFi card would be compatible with this macOS version build?

At night the laptop kept heating up and in the morning I'd have to hold the power button to switch it off and on. I checked the logs and found out it kept waking, then going back to sleep, repeating that every minute or two. The reasons turned out to be GLAN (even though I switched Wake-on-LAN off everywhere) and XDCI _PWR methods, neither of them covered by the Dortania patches above. I removed the _PWR sections from my DSDT, then recompiled it. All is fine now.

I don't know how to not use the DSDT – Dortania guide seems a bit unclear on that, and I have quite a lot of patches there in my DSDT. Right now, though, with the DSDT in the ACPI folder, the only thing that still doesn't work is Apple Watch unlock… okay, and the chime. I'm too lazy to fix that one. If I had known OpenCore was going to be so much better, I would have started using it long ago… except I would still have had to wait for @Mrgeque's framebuffer fixes :D So grateful for those! How did you figure all of this out? I've spent days going through various guides, but none of them was comprehensive enough.

It's really interesting to use the multitouch touchscreen to see what macOS touch support would be like. Pinch-to-zoom is weirdly exciting, I keep using it in various programs just to see what happens. Looking forward to playing with the Control Center sliders and iOS/iPadOS apps in Big Sur. If everything continues to work so well for another week or so, I'll post a C930 guide (with full credits, of course).
Sorry to ask you again but how did you open the DSDT and modified it?

Last edited:
Okay I removed all the other bootargs but I don't think it did anything to the sleep wake issue though
pmset -g and pmset -g assertions. run these commands independently in terminal and paste the output. not in zip file please. screenshot preferably

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I NEVER sleep my laptop overnight and decided to do so after you were experiencing sleep issues. Turns out, my laptop was waking in the middle of the night too! okay after extensive research and trial and error (from my own laptop's tests') I think I've come to a solution for you to try.

1.first purge ssdt folder of any wake or sleep related ssdt. (SSDT-GPRW, SSDT-PTSWAK)
2. remove the patches that accompany them
3.remove any external media (usb drives, usb devices etc)
4.open terminal and run 'sudo pmset -a standby 0'
5. go to System pref>Bluetooth<Advanced. Uncheck 'Allow Bluetooth Devices To Wake this Computer'
6. open energy saver settings and click 'Power Adapter'. Uncheck 'Wake For Network Access' and 'Enable Powernap'
7. in energy saver setting click 'Battery'. Uncheck 'Enable PowerNap on Battery'
8. Make sure ALL sharing services are turned OFF
8. Reset Permissions, Reboot and reset NVRAM

Try and Report back.

NOTE: look in screen shot 1, you'll see the timestamp from 12:06:38 all the way to 13:23:17 I was seeing the '(AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: PBTN GLAN XDCI (User)' message in the log.
after making the changes, you'll notice from timestamp at 13:25:27 to 14:08:14 the message in the log has changed to 'AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: PBTN (User) ONLY. Meaning I woke it from power button.
Now looking at screenshot 2 you will see that after running 'pmset -g assertions' under 'Listed by Owning Processes' there is nothing preventing the system from sleep, even tho the 'pmset -g' log shows sleep prevented by Sharingd, useractivityd, and usereventagent since I was using some apps at the time. also be sure to check if any apps are preventing sleep, something you've maybe installed. I will test this method overnight tonight to give it a little more clarity. hope this helps

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-29 at 2.41.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-29 at 2.41.31 PM.png
    664 KB · Views: 52
  • Screen Shot 2020-11-29 at 2.43.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-29 at 2.43.22 PM.png
    480.6 KB · Views: 40
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back