Contribute
Register

(GUIDE) Dell Inspiron 15 7573 - Catalina 10.15.7 - OC 0.6.0 | I7-8550U - 4K - UHD 620 - BEST 100% Simple SETUP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I removed all the other bootargs but I don't think it did anything to the sleep wake issue though
also, once you've done the steps in post #170, put the laptop to sleep, wait about an hr or so. wake from sleep. open terminal and run; log show --style syslog | fgrep "Wake reason". look at the last few entries and timestamps, now the last few entries should read "AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: PBTN (User)" without any "GLAN XDCI" entries between the time you sleep the laptop and the time you wake it. I will test overnight to discredit or confirm these theories. hope this helps

also, once you've done the steps in post #170, put the laptop to sleep, wait about an hr or so. wake from sleep. open terminal and run; log show --style syslog | fgrep "Wake reason". look at the last few entries and timestamps, now the last few entries should read "AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: PBTN (User)" without any "GLAN XDCI" entries between the time you sleep the laptop and the time you wake it. I will test overnight to discredit or confirm these theories. hope this helps
Okay cool, I'll give you a response an hour after. Btw, does this include waking the system up by opening the lid?

Edit: Also, kinda weird, but my laptop couldn't sleep when it is plugged in. Like I closed the lid and the power LED is still on. On the flip side, if my laptop is unplugged and then I close the lid, it somehow is able to sleep

Last edited:
Okay cool, I'll give you a response an hour after. Btw, does this include waking the system up by opening the lid
you can open to wake and close to sleep. yes

Okay cool, I'll give you a response an hour after. Btw, does this include waking the system up by opening the lid?

Edit: Also, kinda weird, but my laptop couldn't sleep when it is plugged in. Like I closed the lid and the power LED is still on. On the flip side, if my laptop is unplugged and then I close the lid, it somehow is able to sleep
have any usb device plugged in? any app or program running?

@JianGaming another thing id like for you to look into. I will when I have some time to dedicate to it.

might be able to suit your needs for the headset mic
Cool, I'll look forward to that.

Also, in step 6 and 7 I don't see "enable powernap" in my system preferences

have any usb device plugged in? any app or program running?
I have no USB plugged in or any program that would prevent sleep, I was saying that I couldn't put my laptop into sleep when it is on AC (like when it is charged) but I was able to put my laptop into sleep when uncharged

Cool, I'll look forward to that.

Also, in step 6 and 7 I don't see "enable powernap" in my system preferences
go to system preferences then go to Energy saver. the click power adapter then do the same on the battery tab

go to system preferences then go to Energy saver. the click power adapter then do the same on the battery tab
Yeah the thing was i went to energy saver and the power adapter section but neither of them even have "enable powernap"

I have no USB plugged in or any program that would prevent sleep, I was saying that I couldn't put my laptop into sleep when it is on AC (like when it is charged) but I was able to put my laptop into sleep when uncharged
I was having the same issue when using SSDT-GPRW and its patch before implementing this method. id only used SSDT-GPRW to test it for your system since I never used it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back