Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (Skylake, i7-6700HQ, Intel HD 530) Using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Booting works just fine, however About This Mac is reporting an Intel HD530 with 7MB of memory, and there are artifacts everywhere (which I assume means I'm not getting acceleration).
Switching from FakePCIID_Intel_SKL_Graphics.kext to FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext caused my boot to halt on the OsxAptioFixDrv yet again.
What should I do to get graphics working with more than 7MB and acceleration going?

Booting works just fine, however About This Mac is reporting an Intel HD530 with 7MB of memory, and there are artifacts everywhere (which I assume means I'm not getting acceleration).
Switching from FakePCIID_Intel_SKL_Graphics.kext to FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext caused my boot to halt on the OsxAptioFixDrv yet again.
What should I do to get graphics working with more than 7MB and acceleration going?

It means your settings in config.plist are wrong.

It means your settings in config.plist are wrong.

Here is my /L/E folder...
8G5ADMU.jpg

And my config.plist is attached to the post. I have Inject-Intel set to yes, and fakeID set to 19120000. This config.plist worked with the FakePCIID_Intel_SKL_Graphics.kext. Do I need to modify them to get FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext working?

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.9 KB · Views: 209
Here is my /L/E folder...
8G5ADMU.jpg

And my config.plist is attached to the post. I have Inject-Intel set to yes, and fakeID set to 19120000. This config.plist worked with the FakePCIID_Intel_SKL_Graphics.kext. Do I need to modify them to get FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext working?

The setting at config.plist/FakeID/IntelGFX is wrong. The effect is to disable the graphics drivers with an invalid ID.

A FakeID is not needed with your graphics hardware.

The setting at config.plist/FakeID/IntelGFX is wrong. The effect is to disable the graphics drivers with an invalid ID.

A FakeID is not needed with your graphics hardware.

So I need to:

1. Disable InjectIntel
2. Set FakeID to 0x00000000
3. Leave ig-platform-id as 191B0000

In order to boot? These settings still stick me on the OsxAptioFixDrv screen.

So I need to:

1. Disable InjectIntel
2. Set FakeID to 0x00000000
3. Leave ig-platform-id as 191B0000

In order to boot? These settings still stick me on the OsxAptioFixDrv screen.

Assuming you want to get graphics working...

Set config.plist/FakeID/IntelGFX=0 or remove.
Set config.plist/Graphics/ig-platform-id=0x191b0000 (or other valid ig-platform-id for Skylake)
Set config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=true

Always boot verbose...

This assumes you have everything else correct.

GenericUSBXHCI.kext is not needed, not recommended. Remove.

Try without HFSPlus.efi, with VBoxHfs-64.efi as recommended in the guide.

Make sure you try all USB ports, both with USB2 and USB3 sticks.

I still suffer from such errors . Please help me fix EFI . Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• EFI.rar
    3.5 MB · Views: 79
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back