Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (Skylake, i7-6700HQ, Intel HD 530) Using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect my files corrupted os x . I think I should download os x else . I would like to address to download os x . I 'm using OS X 10.11.4

OS X is available from the Mac App Store. You need a working Mac or hack to access it.

I apologize for the double post, but I tried booting again and noticed that before the verbose output ends but before the blinking cursor appears, a bunch of lines flash across all at once. They pertain to [IGPU], so could that mean that there is an issue with my graphics? I have not done anything to disable the NVIDIA 960M yet, and in Safe Mode the About this Mac screen reports an Intel Unknown graphics card with ~1600MB of video memory.

Here's the image that I had to screengrab from another video. If it's unreadable, I can attempt to type it out.
ka55Kf4.jpg

Your signature indicates Intel HD+Nvidia... probably Optimus. In that case, NVidia is not available. You can use Intel only. Did you try FakePCIID + FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics kexts?

OS X is available from the Mac App Store. You need a working Mac or hack to access it.
I tried to download from the AppStore os x 10.11.5 . But such faulty . I tried enough. someone help me please.
loi.jpg

Attachments

• EFI.rar
    3.5 MB · Views: 91
I tried to download from the AppStore os x 10.11.5 . But such faulty . I tried enough. someone help me please.
View attachment 197911

GenericUSBXHCI.kext is not needed, not recommended. Remove.

Try without HFSPlus.efi, with VBoxHfs-64.efi as recommended in the guide.

Make sure you try all USB ports, both with USB2 and USB3 sticks.

Your signature indicates Intel HD+Nvidia... probably Optimus. In that case, NVidia is not available. You can use Intel only. Did you try FakePCIID + FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics kexts?
I found a thread regarding those... do they go in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11 or /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other if I'm still trying to boot off of my USB with them?

Edit: So I managed to get my install booting with a combo of the fakePCIID kexts and changing my Intel FakeID in clover. So I attempted to use Clover's install package to install Clover to the HDD. I followed the guide and only set what the guide said to put in the config.plist on the HDD and it didn't boot. My problem occurs when I try to boot from the USB Clover: it almost seems like the HDD's Clover was interfering with the USB's clover. Now, I'm stuck with a non-booting install and I'm not sure how to proceed. For reference, booting from the USB's Clover just leaves me stuck at:
"OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for System/Library/CoreServices/boot.efi
Using reloc block: yes, hibernate wake: no"
Which is the very first problem I had booting the installer USB. I managed to fix it in one of my previous EFI.zips I had attached to a post here, so I tried copying that EFI.zip to my flash drive. Nothing is working to get me past the OsxAptio error now, and I'm back to square one it seems. How can I fully clear Clover from the HDD?

Last edited:
I found a thread regarding those... do they go in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11 or /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other if I'm still trying to boot off of my USB with them?

It depends on whether FakeSMC is installed to the volume you're trying to boot or not.

It depends on whether FakeSMC is installed to the volume you're trying to boot or not.
There aren't any extra kexts installed to /S/L/E, and FakeSMC.kext + RealtekRTL8111.kext are installed to /L/E.

There aren't any extra kexts installed to /S/L/E, and FakeSMC.kext + RealtekRTL8111.kext are installed to /L/E.

Since FakeSMC.kext is installed to the system volume (in /L/E), no kexts will be injected from EFI/Clover/kexts with config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=Detect.

You will need to install FakePCIID kexts to the system volume as well (/L/E or /S/L/E, your choice).

It is the best way (install all kexts you need to the system volume). Clover kext injection is only for when it is needed (recovery, installer).

Since FakeSMC.kext is installed to the system volume (in /L/E), no kexts will be injected from EFI/Clover/kexts with config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=Detect.

You will need to install FakePCIID kexts to the system volume as well (/L/E or /S/L/E, your choice).

It is the best way (install all kexts you need to the system volume). Clover kext injection is only for when it is needed (recovery, installer).
Ok, that would be why I'm hanging on the old error then. So I should take all of my kexts that I used on the USB Clover and copy them to /S/L/E or /L/E?

Also, I found an old thread that you posted in about FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext being good to go for Skylake graphics. So I don't want FakePCIID_Intel_SKL_Graphics.kext then, but FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext along with FakePCIID.kext?

Edit: Thank you!! Removed FakeSMC and Realtek8111 from /L/E (they were leftovers from the failed Clover install on the HDD), used FakePCIID+Intel_SKL_Graphics, set my FakeID to 0x19120000 in clover, and it booted! Now to get clover installed *correctly* to my HDD :p

Last edited:
Also, I found an old thread that you posted in about FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext being good to go for Skylake graphics. So I don't want FakePCIID_Intel_SKL_Graphics.kext then, but FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext along with FakePCIID.kext?

Correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back