Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 El Capitan Hackintosh (Dual Boot With Windows)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi alessio. If you see only 2 lines maybe your bios setting is wrong. First time i've installed el capitan i create bootable USB from virtual machine. Now that i create it from a real mac i can't patch dsdt-1 :mrgreen: and after wake up a lot of glitch lines make my screen unusable:banghead:

Wow, that's incredible.. I see that after some weeks ok now you have some problems..

Wow, that's incredible.. I see that after some weeks ok now you have some problems..

first time i made a dual boot on the same drive. Now i've bought an ssd to install OSx:mrgreen: i don't know where, but maybe i made some mistakes during second installation.

Very far from solution:banghead:.. Even creating USB key from a REAL MBPRO I cannot proceed after booting.. 2 lines always. BIOS settings are OK (same settings as Johnny's guide)..
Tried to switch off second hard drive, tried to use original SSD Samsung instead of new Crucial MX300.. Tried to use second hard drive (1TB traditional not SSD)..
Same results.. I think that I cannot go on.. Too much time lost without results (and I am at the easiest phase of this long journey:rolleyes:

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg

posts files into a zip
try do disable load legacy option rom
and support assist system resolution [off]

Thanks Stefano but assist resolution is already set to OFF and legacy option rom doesn't not change anything (tried many times).. Maybe the problem is related to SSD.. I don't know.

Hello, all... Anyone with the i5-6300HQ variant of Dell i7559 who could make it through booting into the installation of Sierra 10.12.1 would please share the EFI folder? I have been trying to boot to it for 3 days now with no success. No matter if I use different USB ports, AC adapter plugged or not, tried different combinations of osxaptiofixdrv, osxaptiofixdrv2, I always get stuck in the same 2 lines as some other folks with the same variant have reported. I do have the HFSPlus.efi in the driver64UEFI folder.

I am not posting the error picture, because it's the same as some other folks posted. The only difference I see is that when I use osxaptiofixdrv instead of osxaptiofixdrv2, I get yes instead of no on the second line, but it doesn't go through just the same.

I have followed carefully every single step of the guide and read the clover tutorial including details for the skylake CPU carefully. Also tried different variations of EFI folder content (with or without SATA100-series kext, with or without USBInjectAll.kext).

Last edited:
Thanks Stefano but assist resolution is already set to OFF and legacy option rom doesn't not change anything (tried many times).. Maybe the problem is related to SSD.. I don't know.

I have a crucial mx300 like you. Have you tried to use unibeast to make bootable USB?

7a) Post-Installation
- Plug the Install USB back to the Real Mac
- Mount EFI partition with Clover Configurator and open it
- Replace the EFI folder there with the one from the Dell files called “EFI (Boot after installed2)
- Rename the folder to EFI again
- Put the USB back to the Hackintosh and boot into your installed El Capitan
Note: Some of the post-installation process requires internet connection so you might just plug in the ethernet cable now or use the compatible wifi card and connect to the network
- Open KextBeast and Install all kexts from “Dell_7559_files/kexts” folder. Read the instructions provided and install them into “/System/Library/Extensions
- In terminal type: “diskutil list” and look for the EFI partition IDENTIFIER (The EFI partition of your system disk)

Partition_1.jpg

- Mount this partition using Clover Configurator (explained before)
- Delete the CLOVER folder

After this point I can't find clover folder in my EFI folder but only Apple folder.

After this point I can't find clover folder in my EFI folder but only Apple folder.

The APPLE folder is always inside the EFI folder.
Once you mount it, it will be /Volumes/EFI/EFI/APPLE.
According to post #1, you're replacing /Volumes/EFI/EFI...

According to post #1, you're replacing /Volumes/EFI/EFI...

I replace /volumes/efi in USB on the real mac then when i go to /volumes/efi there is only apple folder and not clover:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back