Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 3543 - macOS 10.14.X - Broadwell (i3-5005u)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was. However, using parseop fixes resolved the issue, and I now have working audio! Sleeping doesn't seem to work though, the system pretends to sleep by turning off the screen, but comes back on immediately with a keypress. But as I understand it, that is expected, and I mostly shut down the laptop when I'm not using it anyway.
This is resolved with USB patch as said in guide

Or this is normal, try waiting 20 seconds until the laptop completely turns off (sleeps) you will hear the hard drive spin down and fans will turn off. This means it is completely asleep, now try a key press.

This is resolved with USB patch as said in guide

Or this is normal, try waiting 20 seconds until the laptop completely turns off (sleeps) you will hear the hard drive spin down and fans will turn off. This means it is completely asleep, now try a key press.
I applied the USB patch, but it doesn't seem to be working... Is there any harm in applying it more than once, to ensure it is applied? And I have an SSD, but I do still hear the fan, even when it is supposed to be sleeping...

I applied the USB patch, but it doesn't seem to be working... Is there any harm in applying it more than once, to ensure it is applied? And I have an SSD, but I do still hear the fan, even when it is supposed to be sleeping...
No harm will be done, but do you have Brightness control and Power management implemented?

No harm will be done, but do you have Brightness control and Power management implemented?
How can I tell if Power management is implemented? I can use my brightness controls just fine, but all I did was follow your guide to patch DSDT

How can I tell if Power management is implemented? I can use my brightness controls just fine, but all I did was follow your guide to patch DSDT
If X86PlatformPlugin is loaded you have power management working.

About this mac > System Report > Extentions > X86PlatformPlugin

If X86PlatformPlugin is loaded you have power management working.

About this mac > System Report > Extentions > X86PlatformPlugin
X86PlatformPlugin is loaded, so I do have power management. I just don't have sleeping, which, once again, is not a big issue. I do have one more curiousity though; using this setup, if I add a driver to Clover, can I use FileVault 2 to encrypt my system partition?

X86PlatformPlugin is loaded, so I do have power management. I just don't have sleeping, which, once again, is not a big issue. I do have one more curiousity though; using this setup, if I add a driver to Clover, can I use FileVault 2 to encrypt my system partition?
You can but it can tend to add problems like unable to boot, keyboard not working, ect.

It is not recommended

Delete the plist files mentioned here #6
Worked for me

I install macOS Mojave 10.14.3 with unibeat. And after i do follow you from Post-install. All function graphic, touchpad, keyboard ..... are work, but wifi don't work. Ethenet work is OK. But i need wifi. Please help me.

I install macOS Mojave 10.14.3 with unibeat. And after i do follow you from Post-install. All function graphic, touchpad, keyboard ..... are work, but wifi don't work. Ethenet work is OK. But i need wifi. Please help me.
What wifi card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back