Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

I have the laptop in my sig and was wondering which config would be best to start with config_HD4000_1366x768 or config_HD4600_4400_4200 as my screen res in only 1366x768 but i have intel hd 4400? I am looking to install el cap.

I have the laptop in my sig and was wondering which config would be best to start with config_HD4000_1366x768 or config_HD4600_4400_4200 as my screen res in only 1366x768 but i have intel hd 4400? I am looking to install el cap.

There is only one config plist with 4400 in the name... so the choice is obvious.

HD4000 is Ivy Bridge, so completely different generation than your Haswell with HD4400.

at the Base Binaries clone method:
2nd step: hdiutil attach "/Applications/Install OS X El Capitan.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg" -readonly -mountpoint /tmp/install_esd -nobrowse

Gives me the error: attach failed - no such file or directory.

I'm sure the directory is there so I've no idea why it's saying that.
Any idea's?

Thanks in advance!

at the Base Binaries clone method:
2nd step: hdiutil attach "/Applications/Install OS X El Capitan.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg" -readonly -mountpoint /tmp/install_esd -nobrowse

Gives me the error: attach failed - no such file or directory.

I'm sure the directory is there so I've no idea why it's saying that.
Any idea's?

Thanks in advance!

What is the output of:
Code:
ls -l "/Applications/Install OS X El Capitan.app/Contents/SharedSupport"

Last edited:
What is the output of:
Code:
ls -l /Applications/Install OS X El Capitan.app/Contents/SharedSupport

ls: /Applications/Install: No such file or directory

ls: Capitan.app/Contents/SharedSupport: No such file or directory

ls: El: No such file or directory

ls: OS: No such file or directory

ls: X: No such file or directory

What is the output of:
Code:
ls -l /Applications/Install OS X El Capitan.app/Contents/SharedSupport
I don't know if it makes any difference saying this, but I'm doing this all from my current hackintosh. want my xps15 to run osx aswell.

ls: /Applications/Install: No such file or directory

ls: Capitan.app/Contents/SharedSupport: No such file or directory

ls: El: No such file or directory

ls: OS: No such file or directory

ls: X: No such file or directory

See typo fixed in #2742.

To recover Clover, easy way:
- on the EFI partition: rename EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi

I tried this and the only result I saw was that upon booting, I had a windows XP style progressbar (or old school maybe some recovery graphics, not the usual windows 10 spinning circle) for a few seconds before the boot went back to windows 10 as normal.

My EFI volume has
- APPLE
- Boot
- CLOVER
- Microsoft

Back