Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Hi, i'am trying to create usb media with OS X 10.11 installer,
so i created a virtual machine with 10.11, but there is only macOS Sierra in App Store.
Is there another way to download 10.11 installer? Will it help, if i make a virtual machine with 10.10?
Thank you very much!

Hi, i'am trying to create usb media with OS X 10.11 installer,
so i created a virtual machine with 10.11, but there is only macOS Sierra in App Store.
Is there another way to download 10.11 installer? Will it help, if i make a virtual machine with 10.10?
Thank you very much!

Always read carefully...

Note: DO NOT use a VM to create your USB. VMs are known to create invalid/corrupt USB installers. Use real hardware to create your USB installer.

upload_2016-9-24_12-57-46.png

How to identify kexts...i have no release folder inside the zip..which is one is kext file in folders..i hve dwnloaded all three folder,but not able to identify kexts...Plz help..

Hi there!

I'm trying to get OSX on my Fujitsu Lifebook U772:

Intel QM77 chipset
i7 3667U processor
HD4000 graphics

I get into clover but if try to install (tried with 10.10, 10.11 and 10.12) I only get a black screen, no blinking curser, nothing.
The thing is that my internal display is connected via eDP and I read that there's no support for HD4000 and eDP. Are there any workarounds for this problem?

Best regards,
Mathias

Hi there!

I'm trying to get OSX on my Fujitsu Lifebook U772:

Intel QM77 chipset
i7 3667U processor
HD4000 graphics

I get into clover but if try to install (tried with 10.10, 10.11 and 10.12) I only get a black screen, no blinking curser, nothing.
The thing is that my internal display is connected via eDP and I read that there's no support for HD4000 and eDP. Are there any workarounds for this problem?

Best regards,
Mathias

No support for eDP in the HD4000 drivers. Work around is to use a different laptop.

Thanks..Next Time i will follow the rules...:headbang::)...Found The Kexts..

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

I created usb install macOS Sierra 10.12 with lastest cloverboot

when I boot to install:
unnamed.jpg

Back