Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

I tried this and the only result I saw was that upon booting, I had a windows XP style progressbar (or old school maybe some recovery graphics, not the usual windows 10 spinning circle) for a few seconds before the boot went back to windows 10 as normal.

My EFI volume has
- APPLE
- Boot
- CLOVER
- Microsoft

No idea what you're trying to report. Be specific about the problem (if there is one).

Hanging at boot just after SXS_LUD and VoodooPS2Mouse starting on OS X. Eventually the screen fractures and it says still waiting on root device. My clover folder is attached as well as a preboot.log. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

System: ASUS ROG G752VS
NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
Intel Core i7-6820HK
64GB DDR4
1TB SSD

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 97
  • preboot.log.zip
    8.6 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Hanging at boot just after SXS_LUD and VoodooPS2Mouse starting on OS X. Eventually the screen fractures and it says still waiting on root device. My clover folder is attached as well as a preboot.log. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

System: ASUS ROG G752VS
NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
Intel Core i7-6820HK
64GB DDR4
1TB SSD

Boot verbose, show photo.

No need, solved it by following your USB 10.11 guide (http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/) as all Still waiting for root device errors seemed USB related. Thank you. Im still having an issue getting the nvidia drivers to load. I know you focus on intel graphics, but do you know if gtx 1070 is supported yet or I need to wait for the next driver release? Thanks again.

No experience with Nvidia. I don't have any such hardware.

Hi,
I read the guides and faqs and I'm a little confused as to which config should I start out with.
Graphics is an HD 520
Display for the laptop is 1920x1080.
Do I go with config_HD520_530_540.plist
or one of the 1600x900 config files as the guide says to use that when your resolution is over 1600x900? If so which one of those is good to start with?
Or am I just way off base? Willing to take any guidance.

Fyi my system is a HP 17t Envy Touch screen running a skylake 6700HQ

Also is the guide on page one of this thread current? or was the last it was updated November 9th of 2014? Is there a better spot I I should be looking at for my setup?
Thanks for any help!
Bill

Is the memory of intel hd 3000 can be increased using this config.plist?
My hardware configuration as below:
Intel core i5 2nd gen
Ram 4gb ddr3
Intel hd 3000

Hi,
I read the guides and faqs and I'm a little confused as to which config should I start out with.
Graphics is an HD 520
Display for the laptop is 1920x1080.
Do I go with config_HD520_530_540.plist
or one of the 1600x900 config files as the guide says to use that when your resolution is over 1600x900? If so which one of those is good to start with?
Or am I just way off base? Willing to take any guidance.

Fyi my system is a HP 17t Envy Touch screen running a skylake 6700HQ

Also is the guide on page one of this thread current? or was the last it was updated November 9th of 2014? Is there a better spot I I should be looking at for my setup?
Thanks for any help!
Bill

Primary selection criteria is graphics chip, resolution only if a different configuration is required depending on screen resolution. As you can tell from the files associated with HD520 there is no dependency on screen resolution.

The guide is current (note instructions for 10.12...).

Back