Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

*** Important ***

Hi RehabMan, Would you recommend installing MacOS Sierra Beta or OSX El Capitan on a brand new hackintosh? Also which would be easier to update when the final version of Sierra gets released?

Hello. I am wondering if the problem with Clover after v3642 still persist. Thanks

When I have ample time to test Clover versions greater than v3625 and can update the guide/plist files for it, I will update post #1. But not before.

Hi RehabMan, Would you recommend installing MacOS Sierra Beta or OSX El Capitan on a brand new hackintosh? Also which would be easier to update when the final version of Sierra gets released?

There are many unsolved problems with 10.12. Unless you want to participate in solving them, use 10.11.

There are many unsolved problems with 10.12. Unless you want to participate in solving them, use 10.11.

Thanks for the heads up. I actually wouldn't mind helping you guys work on the issues of 10.11. I see that the forums are very active and you're working really hard on it, I'd love to be a part of it :)

I'll anyway have windows 10 Dual booted so I can use if anything goes wrong in the MacOS section. But will I be able to upgrade to the final version of Sierra when it gets released from the Beta or will I have to do a fresh install?

But will I be able to upgrade to the final version of Sierra when it gets released from the Beta or will I have to do a fresh install?

The answer to that probably depends on how clean your install is...

Please fill out your profile as requested in post #1.

hi rehabman, for dual boot, which one is better? having osx and windows on the same hard drive and use clover to choose which os to boot? or even have 2 hard drives, each os on separate hard drives but still have clover as os selector?

OR

have 2 hard drives, os on each hard drive but install them separately,so they don't see each other and just use the bios' boot menu to choose which hard drive/os to boot?

which is better? less complications?

hi rehabman, for dual boot, which one is better? having osx and windows on the same hard drive and use clover to choose which os to boot? or even have 2 hard drives, each os on separate hard drives but still have clover as os selector?

OR

have 2 hard drives, os on each hard drive but install them separately,so they don't see each other and just use the bios' boot menu to choose which hard drive/os to boot?

which is better? less complications?

All are possible (and each with their own unique complications), but I prefer to boot everything via Clover.

All are possible (and each with their own unique complications), but I prefer to boot everything via Clover.

if i go the clover route, windows and os x booting via clover...in case, windows gets corrupted, would os x be affected? and also, in case i remove the os x hard drive, would windows still boot up (provided they are on separate hard drives)

if i go the clover route, windows and os x booting via clover...in case, windows gets corrupted, would os x be affected? and also, in case i remove the os x hard drive, would windows still boot up (provided they are on separate hard drives)

Windows will not affect Clover as long as you're not using software that can write to the OS X system volume.

As far as booting with a drive removed, it depends on which drive Clover is installed to and which drive you remove.

Back