Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Hello
I successfully installed High Sierra on my HP Elitebook 840 G2, now I have got another laptop HP Probook 470 G3
I am installing it for HP Probook 470 G3, I am not finding relevant DSDT/SSDT Patches.
Can anyone help ?

One more thing, can I used same SSD which is in Elitebook 840 G2 will not install from scratch instead will configure Clover and Config files. will that work?

Adeel

Guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.232948/

Just curious since binary patching were exactly hex value, why need the patch 'change OSID to XSID (to avoid match against _OSI XOSI patch)'?

Just curious since binary patching were exactly hex value, why need the patch 'change OSID to XSID (to avoid match against _OSI XOSI patch)'?

If you analyze DSDT from a computer with OSID you will see why.
(it gets into one of the finer technicalities of AML binaries)

Help ,please.

I use this createinstallmedia method to create a USB installer, but it turn out”To use this tool, you must download the macOS installer application on a Mac with 10.12.5 or later, or El Capitan 10.11.6. For more information, please see the following: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201372.”
1_LuO9wTzOcJCN5jbgemeDg
https://pan.baidu.com/s/1_LuO9wTzOcJCN5jbgemeDg
my system is 10.13.
what can i do? please help me.

Erm, isn't 10.13 later than both 10.12.5 and 10.11.6 ?
yes but you also need to be on the latest version of either Sierra, high sierra or El Capitan

Hi. Thank you for the guide. Now Mojave is installed on my 8470p. But first thing in post-installation process, installing clover to HDD failed. I'm using latest rehabman's version of clover and when it reached to validating package, error message "installation failed" appears. I had no issue at all when installing it on USB. Will someone please give me any idea what may be causing this?

Hi. Thank you for the guide. Now Mojave is installed on my 8470p. But first thing in post-installation process, installing clover to HDD failed. I'm using latest rehabman's version of clover and when it reached to validating package, error message "installation failed" appears. I had no issue at all when installing it on USB. Will someone please give me any idea what may be causing this?

Make sure you are installing to to the system volume, and selecting UEFI in the custom settings.
Check that the EFI partition has adequate free space.

Make sure you are installing to the system volume and selecting UEFI in the custom settings.
Check that the EFI partition has adequate free space.
I'm selecting the Hard Drive in my computer which Mojave is installed and selecting UEFI boot in the custom settings and EFI partition on the HD has 209 MB according to terminal "diskutil list" command.
I've followed your guide since El Capitan and It was always successful.
I have never had this problem installing clover to Hard drive before so It's really frustrating. Is my hard drive solid state drive and APFS has something to do with it? When I select my hard drive in clover's installation destination, it shows disk3s1, but when my EFI partition is disk0s1 on terminal diskutil list...maybe this has something to do with it? I have no idea....hope someone can help me out.

Back