Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Is there a version of this for desktops? Or is the process the same as it is for laptops?

I use the same/similar process on my desktop hacks.

Thank you rehabman!
I'll try that. I have an additional question.
When I try to boot from USB memory I made per your guide, this sign (Photo1) appears unless I uncheck "Disable KASLR" (Photo2). BTW, when I push spacebar when clover booting, these two options were already selected. Is this correct?
I wonder if this is something related to my issue regarding clover fail to install to my HDD...
IMG_0395.jpg IMG_0394.jpg

Thank you rehabman!
I'll try that. I have an additional question.
When I try to boot from USB memory I made per your guide, this sign (Photo1) appears unless I uncheck "Disable KASLR" (Photo2). BTW, when I push spacebar when clover booting, these two options were already selected. Is this correct?
I wonder if this is something related to my issue regarding clover fail to install to my HDD...
View attachment 365111 View attachment 365112

Typically, you don't need slide=0 with AptioMemoryFix*.efi. Some of the plists (Ivy/Sandy) use it as other aptio fixes (OsxAptioFix*.efi) are more common with those systems.

5FD84F11-7E25-4E58-920B-30010903827B.jpeg
Typically, you don't need slide=0 with AptioMemoryFix*.efi. Some of the plists (Ivy/Sandy) use it as other aptio fixes (OsxAptioFix*.efi) are more common with those systems.
Okay, I'll try with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.
BTW, I still can't mount EFI partition with your guide of mounting EFI partion, or EFI mounter or clover condigulator. All these method works with my working El Capitan hackintosh laptop 4540s. So I assume the same thing causing the installation fail of clover and not be able to mount EFI PARTITION. I attached my diskutil list. Is there anything wrong here?

View attachment 365155
Okay, I'll try with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.
BTW, I still can't mount EFI partition with your guide of mounting EFI partion, or EFI mounter or clover condigulator. All these method works with my working El Capitan hackintosh laptop 4540s. So I assume the same thing causing the installation fail of clover and not be able to mount EFI PARTITION. I attached my diskutil list. Is there anything wrong here?

Attach output of running ./mount_efi.sh.
Your profile is also not filled correctly. Please fix before your next reply.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

when i boot from clover i get prohibition sign in middle of apple logo loading.
i tried changing usb port and i use my usb 2 port. i also use -v in and some other line of code and still get prohibition sign in middle of some codes.
i use mojave bootable usb created by unibeast 9.0.0
what should i do?
lenovo y700
16gb ram ddr4
256 gb ssd
1 tb hdd

when i boot from clover i get prohibition sign in middle of apple logo loading.
i tried changing usb port and i use my usb 2 port. i also use -v in and some other line of code and still get prohibition sign in middle of some codes.
i use mojave bootable usb created by unibeast 9.0.0
what should i do?
lenovo y700
16gb ram ddr4
256 gb ssd
1 tb hdd

This guide does not use Unibeast. Read post #1 and follow as written.
Use a USB2 flash drive.

Hi, I'm a noobie and my English is not very good. Sorry.
I am trying to create my usb installer and I do not see the file whatevergreen.kext in the indicated link.
Thank you.

Back