Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Hi,

i have made a new Clover USB.
But when i will install High Sierra with the USB, i can't boot to the installer.
Another USB with Sierra Install without problems.

Can anyone help me?

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Hi,

i have made a new Clover USB.
But when i will install High Sierra with the USB, i can't boot to the installer.
Another USB with Sierra Install without problems.

Can anyone help me?

Open a separate thread with problem reporting files as per FAQ.

Your config.plist is not current content from the guide.
Your drivers64UEFI is also not per guide.
Clover/kexts/Other has kexts not recommended in the guide.

I didn't check anything else.

Thanks a lot!! I am up and running! Cheers!

Foing a clean install, I tried to follow the guide.
When I check UEFI booting only, then I get the apple, and the machine hangs with the ++++++
I needed OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi to get past this. The guide is not very clear on the need for memory driver fix.

Now I get the progress bar to load, and end up at the "prohibited" sign. I am using USB 3.0 memory stick, so it is like rootfs not found error message.

I have the following in kexts/Other
FakeSMC (+ the sensor modules)
GenericUSBXHCI
Lilu
RealtekRTL8111
SATA-unsupported
USBInjectAll
VoodooPS2Controller
WhateverGreen

My machine is the Acer VX5-591G I had it working on Sierra a year or more back. Think I had a USB 2.0 stick at that point in time. Or USB 2.0 HUB. Is there any way to get USB 3.0 support in the Clover USB installer ?
i5 7300HQ / Kaby Lake / HM175 / HD630 (+ the unusable GTX 1050i)

Foing a clean install, I tried to follow the guide.
When I check UEFI booting only, then I get the apple, and the machine hangs with the ++++++
I needed OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi to get past this. The guide is not very clear on the need for memory driver fix.

Now I get the progress bar to load, and end up at the "prohibited" sign. I am using USB 3.0 memory stick, so it is like rootfs not found error message.

I have the following in kexts/Other
FakeSMC (+ the sensor modules)
GenericUSBXHCI
Lilu
RealtekRTL8111
SATA-unsupported
USBInjectAll
VoodooPS2Controller
WhateverGreen

My machine is the Acer VX5-591G I had it working on Sierra a year or more back. Think I had a USB 2.0 stick at that point in time. Or USB 2.0 HUB. Is there any way to get USB 3.0 support in the Clover USB installer ?
i5 7300HQ / Kaby Lake / HM175 / HD630 (+ the unusable GTX 1050i)

OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi is just an old AptioMemoryFix-64.efi. The guide recommends AptioMemoryFix-64.efi and in fact, it is the default in the Clover installer recommended by the guide.

The guide also recommends using a USB2 stick. Please read it carefully.

Clover (latest from GitHub yesterday) did not install any memory fix.

Looked at clovers descriptions and picked a fix from that.

Currently installing fine from my USB 3.0 stick in a USB 2.0 hub. Think this was the solution I used a year ago as well.

Clover (latest from GitHub yesterday) did not install any memory fix.

My version does. The RehabMan build is the one recommended in post #1.

Currently installing fine from my USB 3.0 stick in a USB 2.0 hub.

It makes your USB3 stick into a USB2 stick. That is fine.
You must try all USB ports, as you cannot predict which one will work, which ones won't.
USB configuration comes later:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Hello
I successfully installed High Sierra on my HP Elitebook 840 G2, now I have got another laptop HP Probook 470 G3
I am installing it for HP Probook 470 G3, I am not finding relevant DSDT/SSDT Patches.
Can anyone help ?

One more thing, can I used same SSD which is in Elitebook 840 G2 will not install from scratch instead will configure Clover and Config files. will that work?

Adeel

Back