Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Hi @RehabMan ,

I've been following this guide for installing Mojave but got stuck on the last phase of the installation process when finally booting from the installed drive and before entering the desktop. I used the MBR option of two partitions on the USB "Clover UEFI" and based generally on t44p guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-lenovo-thinkpad-t440p.233282. I got the verbose mode enabled but before restarting it goes too fast and all I can read is the last bit "Attempting to restart". Not sure what steps to follow in order to debug properly.

Here is an image just before it goes into does that ultra fast text:
View attachment 359458

Using Clover 4701

Is because of the APFS conversion issue?

Thanks a lot

Your config.plist is not current content from the guide.
Your drivers64UEFI is also not per guide.
Clover/kexts/Other has kexts not recommended in the guide.

I didn't check anything else.

I've created USB installer by following this guide but my USB isn't showing in boot options.
I've a working hackintosh which is booting fine but it is like mess thats why I want to clean install macOS Mojave.
attaching PR files from my hackintosh and Clover folder from USB installer.
please tell me why my USB isn't showing in boot options

Attachments

• debug_26312.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 69
  • usb_CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 87
I've created USB installer by following this guide but my USB isn't showing in boot options.
I've a working hackintosh which is booting fine but it is like mess thats why I want to clean install macOS Mojave.
attaching PR files from my hackintosh and Clover folder from USB installer.
please tell me why my USB isn't showing in boot options

You forgot to press F2 (no misc/preboot.log).
Please read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" carefully.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Attachments

• debug_26480 2.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 63
  • usb_CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 109
Last edited:
if you're asking about USB Clover preboot.log then I must tell you that I can't get to clover screen with USB as USB isn't showing in BOOT OPTIONS
BIOS isn't recognizing my USB installer

BIOS option problem, potentially.
Or USB stick requires too much power for USB BIOS configuration.
Make sure it is a USB2 stick... check bios settings.

Also, USB is GPT or MBR?
Check for EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi (should be copy of CLOVERX64.efi).
Best to use MBR (2-partition) as per guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

But some BIOS will be picky and may only work with GPT USB (that is rare,... most require MBR GPT if any requirement).

@RehabMan
can you please give the purpose of different .efi files in the drivers64UEFI folder, so that we decide what is actually required in that folder specially for person like me who would like to update HFS+ High Sierra to Mojave (APFS)
thanks

@RehabMan
can you please give the purpose of different .efi files in the drivers64UEFI folder, so that we decide what is actually required in that folder specially for person like me who would like to update HFS+ High Sierra to Mojave (APFS)
thanks

There is some help text displayed in the Clover installer as you select each one.

The best beginner-friendly guide I've ever seen! I've managed to get Mojave up and running thanks to this awesome guide.

Back