Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS Zenbook UX310UA (& UX310UQK) macOS Mojave / Catalina with Clover (& Big Sur / Monterey using OpenCore EFI) Installation Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this ELAN1200 touchpad driver supported?
Yes. Old driver is supported and works fine, but with no multitouch or scroll support, and no wake after sleep. That is why you have to use an app to reload the kext after sleep/wake. New version of the kext (it can be considered a beta) works with multitouch, scroll, and pref pane, but it is buggy and it is really annoying to use because the movement is very imprecise. The drivers is being completely rewritten from the ground, and hopefully when it be launched we will have multitouch support, no problems for sleep/wake and perfect movement.

would you mind to post your clover folder?

Thx!

Here you have. I've removed the SMBIOS info from my config.plist, but all the other info and files are exactly as I have it right now, including kexts. Remember that some kexts are from my specific setup (for example, one is to make the nvme ssd works, others are for the wifi/bluetooth card), as well as the dsdt and ssdt files extracted from my system, that will not work in other devices (specially because I made some changes to the original hardware).

Attachments

• Clover.zip
    9 MB · Views: 243
Yes. Old driver is supported and works fine, but with no multitouch or scroll support, and no wake after sleep. That is why you have to use an app to reload the kext after sleep/wake. New version of the kext (it can be considered a beta) works with multitouch, scroll, and pref pane, but it is buggy and it is really annoying to use because the movement is very imprecise. The drivers is being completely rewritten from the ground, and hopefully when it be launched we will have multitouch support, no problems for sleep/wake and perfect movement.
I hope this stable driver release soon! I use UX410UA!

You think this will work on the Zenbook UX310UQK
With 940MX nvidia

Step 12:

Open finder, use the menu option "Go to folder" and go to /System/Library/Extensions/. There, find and delete these kexts:
  • AppleIntelLpssI2C.kext
  • AppleIntelLpssI2CController.kext

Now use Kext Wizard to finish installing the rest of the Kexts on the laptop into System/Library/Extensions. Unlike with the previous kexts for Clover, DO NOT DRAG AND DROP THESE IN THE FOLDER. Use the Installation tab in Kext Wizard to install, drag and drop the kexts there, and after they are installed, select the Maintainance tab, make sure it says System/Library/Extensions and check Repair Permissions and Rebuild Cache. The kexts that need to be installed with kext wizard are:
  • aDummyHDA.kext (from the MironeAudio/14f11f72/279.48/clover in your Desktop)
  • VoodooI2C.kext
  • AppleBacklightInjector.kext
These three kexts will not work properly if you put them in EFI/Clover, so please follow the instructions and install them in S/L/E as instructed.

Also open EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched and put SSDT-PNLF.aml from the "Brightness Fix zip" file there.

p.s help,

Thanks for the excellent guide, I read your and others: (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-asus-ux360ca-sierra-10-12-5.225129/)
so far I had stuck with trackpad for a while and can't pass this, do you have any ideas why whenever I install voodooi2c.kext, I always got kernel panic as well as lose the keyboard function, have to use an ext usb kb to rescue and remove the kext to cease the panic. thank you

Attachments

• DSDT.dsl
    1.1 MB · Views: 202
  • config.plist
    12.4 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
anyone can help with a voodooic2 issue, plus I can't save the DSDT asl due to parseop code 6162

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back