Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS Zenbook UX310UA (& UX310UQK) macOS Mojave / Catalina with Clover (& Big Sur / Monterey using OpenCore EFI) Installation Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
USB ports are working after the first wake from sleep. if the machine goes to sleep a second time, then all USB ports except WiFi stop working and the computer reboots after a few minutes

I think that my USB power properties are not being injected properly. I read your about implementing this on Sierra and later, and came to these conclusions:

- my EC is named EC0
- I don't need any EC rename patch in my config.plist, since I have ECDT.aml in my origin folder
- I might need to inject a fake EC device (which I tried to do via SSDT-EC.aml)?
- my SMBIOS (MacbookPro 14,2) is not present in IOUSBHostFamily.kext/Contents/Info.plist
- I might need to inject USBX device via SSDT (which I tried to via SSDT-USBX.aml)?
- USBX is not showing in IORegistry
- AppleBusPowerControllerUSB is not loading

what am I doing wrong?

- I don't need any EC rename patch in my config.plist, since I have ECDT.aml in my origin folder

It is not that you "don't need it"... it is that you "can't use it" (due to ECDT.aml).

- I might need to inject a fake EC device (which I tried to do via SSDT-EC.aml)?

Not "might need"... "definitely need".

- I might need to inject USBX device via SSDT (which I tried to via SSDT-USBX.aml)?

Not "might"... "definitely need".

- USBX is not showing in IORegistry
- AppleBusPowerControllerUSB is not loading

what am I doing wrong?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Sorry @RehabMan, I just forgot to upload the debug file...

Here it is

Attachments

• debug_17981.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 116
Sorry @RehabMan, I just forgot to upload the debug file...

Here it is

USBX is in ioreg. Look at IOACPIPlane, then search for USBX.
Power properties are working due to SSDT-USBX.aml and SSDT-EC.aml.

So is my USB setup correct right now?
The port malfunction after a couple of sleep cycles is still there, and also the random reboots keep happening.

So is my USB setup correct right now?
The port malfunction after a couple of sleep cycles is still there, and also the random reboots keep happening.

According to ioreg (UsbConnector values on XHC ports), your laptop has 5 USB ports: 2x USB3, 3x USB2-only. Is it correct?

OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi not recommended. You should use AptioMemoryFix-64.efi instead.

As for other things that might cause stability problems.... eliminate unneeded kexts and software to narrow the problem a bit.

According to ioreg (UsbConnector values on XHC ports), your laptop has 5 USB ports: 2x USB3, 3x USB2-only. Is it correct?
Correct: 1x USB3 (3), 1x USB3 Type-C (3), 2x USB2 (0) and 1x USB2 Card Reader (should it be 0 or 255?). There's also 2x internal USB2 (255) for webcam and Bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back