Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS ZENBOOK UX305FA using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh, one last question: is anyone else getting that after a sleep-resume cycle all the usb devices are 'improperly removed'? probably an easy fix but it's beyond my capabilities..

Not an easy fix. Common hack problem and even on real Macs. There are some scripts around (if you search) that use SleepWatcher to unmount prior to sleep, remount after.

Not an easy fix. Common hack problem and even on real Macs. There are some scripts around (if you search) that use SleepWatcher to unmount prior to sleep, remount after.

thanks for the answer. i'll do some more googling then. :)

Just wanted to add that I used Clover 2.3 r3322. Unfortunately, that just creates /EFI on the boot volume.
I'm using a GPT partition with a single HPF+ volume. I had to mount the hidden fat volume (diskutil mount /dev/disk0s1) and copy /EFI to /Volumes/EFI to make things work with this version of Clover.

Everything was going great with my install until I started adding kext's to /S/L/E with the Kext Wizard. Borked the whole system and can't even recover via usb boot. So have to start over. I don't suppose there's a 'safe boot' option, or a way to boot without the kernel cache?

Just wanted to add that I used Clover 2.3 r3322. Unfortunately, that just creates /EFI on the boot volume.

You need to select "Install for UEFI".

Everything was going great with my install until I started adding kext's to /S/L/E with the Kext Wizard. Borked the whole system and can't even recover via usb boot. So have to start over. I don't suppose there's a 'safe boot' option, or a way to boot without the kernel cache?

Define "adding kext's to /S/L/E"... (eg. specific kexts...)

hi jhawk i really liked your work but i cannot open the install guide pdf it says cant open file or file does not exist.....nd more over in the description inyour post it says the file is of around 250 kb but when i download it its only 83 kb!

hi jhawk i really liked your work but i cannot open the install guide pdf it says cant open file or file does not exist.....nd more over in the description inyour post it says the file is of around 250 kb but when i download it its only 83 kb!

Just downloaded 283k, open fine.

jhawk

Hey jhawk and/or Rehabman,

What do you think about the updated version of this laptop compatibility wise, the UX305CA?

I'm either buying that or the FA. I like the look of the new core M processor but I'd rather have compatibility over performance.

Hey jhawk and/or Rehabman,

What do you think about the updated version of this laptop compatibility wise, the UX305CA?

I'm either buying that or the FA. I like the look of the new core M processor but I'd rather have compatibility over performance.

Is it Skylake? If so, OS X not ready for primetiime with Skylake. Wait until there is a Mac laptop with Skylake graphics and the OS X version that supports it.

Attachments

• MacBook.ioreg
    2.3 MB · Views: 78
I have attached as requested. Can't figure out why Bluetooth just doesn't work.

It does not appear you installed BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back