Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS ZENBOOK UX305FA using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea without seeing said files.

I disassembled the files you provided with 'iasl -da -dl *.aml' as described in my guide.

whoops sorry about that. attached them.

DSDT_orig.aml is the one produced by clover with F4, from the 'origin' directory.
DSDT.dsl is the one that's been decompiled from the original with common patches applied (this is the one that produces an empty result with your USB patch).
DSDT.aml is the one currently in the 'patched' folder which, if decompiled, accepts your patch.

weird.

It is there. It is a plugin of IOUSBFamily.kext (IOUSBHostFamily in 10.11).

i see.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    102 KB · Views: 87
  • DSDT_orig.aml
    100.6 KB · Views: 80
  • DSDT.dsl.zip
    74.4 KB · Views: 75
whoops sorry about that. attached them.

DSDT_orig.aml is the one produced by clover with F4, from the 'origin' directory.
DSDT.dsl is the one that's been decompiled from the original with common patches applied (this is the one that produces an empty result with your USB patch).
DSDT.aml is the one currently in the 'patched' folder which, if decompiled, accepts your patch.

weird.

i see.

Your file was disassembled with the wrong version of iasl.

See guide for correct version: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Your file was disassembled with the wrong version of iasl.

See guide for correct version: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

so i've redone all my DSDT and SSDT files, and after a few hours of banging my head against the wall, i managed to discover that if you apply the GFX0>IGPU patch *and* the USB 0x6D patch to the DSDT (SSDT is okay), the boot hangs at waiting for root-uuid-media.

anyway, sleep is working now, so thanks for all the help. : )

if you want to look at my files, i've created separate .dsl and .aml files for the DSDT with all the combinations of the patches. maybe i'm at fault again, but i'm just happy that all is well now.

thanks again.

Attachments

• DSDT.zip
    437 KB · Views: 90
so i've redone all my DSDT and SSDT files, and after a few hours of banging my head against the wall, i managed to discover that if you apply the GFX0>IGPU patch *and* the USB 0x6D patch to the DSDT (SSDT is okay), the boot hangs at waiting for root-uuid-media.

anyway, sleep is working now, so thanks for all the help. : )

if you want to look at my files, i've created separate .dsl and .aml files for the DSDT with all the combinations of the patches. maybe i'm at fault again, but i'm just happy that all is well now.

thanks again.

Rename patches must be applied to all DSDT/SSDT files that contain references to that symbol.

See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/175789-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

--

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Rename patches must be applied to all DSDT/SSDT files that contain references to that symbol.

See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/175789-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

i see. i'll try that tomorrow.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

will do. i don't use windows, but i know my specs. thanks again for all the help.

I'm having a bit of trouble getting a BCM94352Z I've installed into the laptop. Looked at the Airport PCIe Half Mini v2 stuff but just a little lost on what to do. (A step by step would be helpful :p)

Think its the BCM94352 5 GHz/BT Handoff (10.10 - all versions) that I should be following.

Just find that post a bit confusing.

Any help is much appreciated.

I'm having a bit of trouble getting a BCM94352Z I've installed into the laptop. Looked at the Airport PCIe Half Mini v2 stuff but just a little lost on what to do. (A step by step would be helpful :p)

Think its the BCM94352 5 GHz/BT Handoff (10.10 - all versions) that I should be following.

Just find that post a bit confusing.

Any help is much appreciated.

BCM94352 is covered in the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Managed to follow the stuff in that post, many thanks.

Got it all working now, only thing is it takes a while to start working again after sleep.

Does the connecting animation and in Network Prefs it says no IP, then after a minute ish it connects fine.

Any ideas?

Managed to follow the stuff in that post, many thanks.

Got it all working now, only thing is it takes a while to start working again after sleep.

Does the connecting animation and in Network Prefs it says no IP, then after a minute ish it connects fine.

Any ideas?

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

OK so updating to Clover 3320 allowed the update to 10.11, however the issue now is that the smartpad is kind of wonky, its slow and you can't do two finger scroll. The other issue is I lost Bluetooth, wifi still works no issue.

Not sure what the issue is, but make sure you update Clover before doing the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back